Wishing for British Airways Livery...

• 5 months later...
On 9/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, Jammin16 said:

Hey there,

I would like to hear if it is possible to get British Airways (G-EUOH) Olympic Livery for A318/A319 Pro???^_^

Regards Jammin16

Jammin16,

We absolutely cannot upload copyrighted images to the Aerosoft Website, so I've deleted the image you uploaded rather than setup Aerosoft as a target for a copyright lawsuit (which would result in our prices going up SUBSTANTIALLY). 

If you'd like to provide others with a photo of a livery you're interested in, you may certainly LINK to an image posted online by the copyright holder, but no direct uploads of such images unless you provide evidence that you own the copyright for the photo.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a Private Message.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave

I understand the issue of copyrights, but in that case, where do we get our aircraft liveries (ie, who will hold them for us)? I'm in a situation where I used to use the a320 sharklet livery on the A320 Pro, but since the recent update, it has stopped working for me. An update that used to take me 10 minutes now, well, I can't get working.

The livery manager seems to want a zip file, but there's no way of knowing if it is going to work for an aircraft, or corrupt it or something...?

Gaz

27 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

I understand the issue of copyrights, but in that case, where do we get our aircraft liveries (ie, who will hold them for us)?

I think you're confused, possibly because I had to delete the image that Jammin16 posted.  The copyright issue I cited was with the IMAGE, not the livery.  

Liveries are produced by developers and by third party individuals.  Aerosoft has already completed all the liveries that we provide with the A318, A319, A320 and A321. The rest will come from third parties kind enough to share their excellent work.

Best wishes.

18 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

Thanks Dave

Will they be able to provide a list of sites? 

Thanks, Gaz 

Hello Gary,

Now I know that you're confused, and now you've managed to confuse me too!  Who is the "they" you're talking about and what list of sites?

Developers of most payware aircraft include several liveries with the product, but it's not an infinite list and it's pretty rare to have developers add more liveries after initial product release.  However, developers also create and provide something called a "Paint Kit" with the product, so that those good with graphics can create whatever liveries they choose.  Some of these talented people decide to share their work, which is often uploaded to the developers website as well as many other websites.  Many of these very talented people take requests, which you can make in the Airbus Professional Livery forum.  Additionally (and you'll know this is coming based on our past conversations... lol... Google is where you will find sites which have downloadable liveries.  Seriously... it's like magic!  You search the Internet for "Airbus Professional Livery" or ""Airbus Professional Repaint" and you'll be provided with a list of links for sites that have such liveries available. Don't forget that adding more information to your search will narrow down things a bit, but I wouldn't over do it.

Keep in mind that Aerosoft has produced three different Airbus products over the years and each one had it's own liveries including third party liveries.  You're looking for repaints that will work with the Airbus Professional, so you'll need to make sure that whatever livery you want to try is compatible with the Airbus Professional.  There are a few posts in the Airbus Pro Livery section (here in our forums) which explains in detail how to add older Airbus X liveries to the Airbus Professional, just know ahead of time that not all older Airbus liveries will work with the Airbus Pro (you can read about this in the Livery forum as well).

I hope I've answered your question my friend.  More information on this subject should be addressed to Stefan, who is our Airbus Graphics developer.  You can write to him openly in the Airbus Livery forum, but expect a delay in his response as he's extremely busy with a special project at the moment - but he will get back to you!

As always, my very best wishes my friend.

Hi Dave

Thanks for getting back to me.   There is one other livery for BA that I have found, and I will give that a go. Going beyond that something I'm not going to do, simply because I'm not an artist - and using P3D to fly planes is what was on my mind, rather than look into some artist tool that should help me.  I'll keep an eye out online.

Thanks Dave,

Gaz

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Jammin16,

Vi kan absolut ikke uploade copyright-beskyttede billeder til Aerosoft-webstedet, så jeg har slettet det billede, du uploadede snarere end setup Aerosoft som et mål for en ophavsret retssag (hvilket ville medføre, at vores priser går op i væsentlig grad). 

Hvis du gerne vil give andre et foto af en livery, du er interesseret i, kan du helt sikkert LINK til et billede, der er oprettet online af ophavsretsindehaveren, men ingen direkte upload af sådanne billeder, medmindre du giver bevis for, at du ejer ophavsret for billedet.

Hvis du har spørgsmål, er du velkommen til at sende mig en privat besked.

Bedste ønsker!

Hi Dave

Sorry it was not my opinion, I give a link instead. no problems.

For those who are curious about BAW (G-EUOH)  then it is here as a picture:

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/341868/g-euoh-british-airways-airbus-a319-131

Archived