AS A318/A319 PFPX data

maxro

Hello,

I am having problems with the PFPX template of the A318 and A319. I get an ok looking fuel number using PFPX, and when I put input the GCD, and all the rest I get very weird fuel weights. Once, I was flying BAW1B, i.e. EINN to KJFK and I ran out of fuel near BIKF. 

Are there any plans of Aerosoft making a PFPX template that shows the same numbers and the same numbers in the sim selection view?

I've tried making one, but I am a beginner :/. 

Thanks

I assume, you used the same settings for PFPX (Altitude, Taxi time, APU time etc.) ?

The difference of about 200kg on trip fuel is not that much. The flight planner probably can not really consider route details, whereas PFPX could.

At the end, you end up with only about 250kg difference on 4.4to (thats about 5%...)

The difference on a longhaul flight with the A318 is probably more interesting.. What were your settings there?

I have attached the fuel load page and the route. This was back in July and the wind wasn't calculated. 

Please login to display this image.

Well, that seems to be a legit OFP.. I don't have PFPX to hand now, 15to of fuel could be ok..

What is the problem now or the question?

Here is what I do: 

I either plan with PFPX all the weights OR with the fuel planner - not with both, because both have slightly different calculations going on, so I could never make them equal.

If I plan with PFPX the weights & fuel, I will insert that data into the fuel planner, in terms of fuel and payload. I would than try to meet the correct weights as good as possible and then generate a loadsheet. 

This loadsheet is than the one that I load in the FMGC3 

That's it, works fine for me and I never ran out of fuel. Maybe you had a typo or a unit problem (lbs/kg/liters)

vor 7 Minuten, maxro sagte:

What is the optimal workflow? 

Ok, then try this ^_^

vor 10 Minuten, griestraum sagte:

Here is what I do: 

I either plan with PFPX all the weights OR with the fuel planner - not with both, because both have slightly different calculations going on, so I could never make them equal.

If I plan with PFPX the weights & fuel, I will insert that data into the fuel planner, in terms of fuel and payload. I would than try to meet the correct weights as good as possible and then generate a loadsheet. 

This loadsheet is than the one that I load in the FMGC3 

If you want to use fuel planner ONLY than fill the according fields and DON'T care about PFPX calculations.. That's it and you're fine.

Anyway, having a few 100kgs of in fuel or weights is daily business in real aviation as well. You will NEVER have weights or fuel 100% correct according to the OFP. If you run out of fuel because you have 300kgs to low on fuel (as shown in your screenshot in the first post), than you have a GENERAL problem in you calculation. That's why you add reserves, contingency fuel etc. I'm pretty sure, that you can conduct the flight either with 4100kg or 4400 kg of fuel from EDDF to EHAM without problems.

There will always be slight differences. If you doubt a value, re-calculate it by hand or add more fuel. That's what they do in real life as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please keep in mind that the fuel planner is not a complete flight planner and therefore not aware of the route and the weather. That will of course lead to differences in the results of both tools. 

vor 14 Stunden , maxro sagte:

Thank you @griestraum !

Any ideas on why I ran out of fuel?

Well, as I mentioned before, maybe a unit problem, kg/lbs/liters?

Or you took a different route than planned? Different altitudes or flown longer on lower altitudes despite differently calculated?

Maybe it was a planning error ...

There are many reasons, it's hard to guess remotely,.. I never ran out of fuel with PFPX calcluations.

I suggest, that you plan again the route, fly it again and then report everything here with screenshots, that we can see it. 

If I have time today, I will try to recalculate it at home.

I don't get it: I planned AAL5708 on PFPX. In the screenshot you'll see the bigger difference. 

And I do not know how to calculate it by hand (that's why I use PFPX). 

How about weather, weights, route distance, aircraft setup? Are you sure everything is actually set correctly in PFPX or in our Planner?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Is it planned that PFPX figures can be transferred into the AS Fuel Planner?

Cheers

Jock

No, this is not planned.

Ps.: Please do not hijack other threads, just open your own one if you have a question which is not covered in another thread already.

Archived