Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Jan Depenbusch

Airport Geneva XP (released)

We are currently working on Geneva Airport as an all new development for XPlane 11. Since the scenery is made from scratch, it will take advantage of advanced XPlane 11 features. The XPlane 11 Version is done by Omar Masroor; There will also be a version for P3Dv4.

The XPlane 11 version of the scenery features a custom terrain mesh that has been developed from an actual digital elevation model. It has a planar resolution of 5 metres and an altimetric resolution of 5 centimetres. In comparison, X-Plane 11's default terrain mesh has a planar resolution of 90 metres and an altimetric resolution of 1 metre. The mesh has been developed using a custom solution—these results are not possible with tools such as MeshRemexe.

In the attached video, notice how the shadow of the aircraft warps during approach as it passes over varying terrain height. You can also see the 'cut' between the custom and default meshes (which will be fixed in the release version, of course):

The custom terrain mesh is most noticeable on short final to Runway 23. There is a large dip in the terrain just before the start of the runway. There is an array of radar reflectors along this dip that helps aircrafts' radar altimeters from getting confused. These reflectors are not yet modelled in this preview but will be present in the release version. The custom mesh will also receive finishing touches and be properly integrated with the surrounding default mesh.

Also, unlike X-Plane 11's default mesh, the paved manoeuvering areas of the custom mesh are not mirror-smooth but have a subtle-yet-noticeable bumpiness to them. The video shows the effect of this once the aircraft is taxiing after exiting the runway. Notice how the wing is not perfectly still but slightly swaying up and down, just like when taxiing in the real world.

Another special feature of the XPlane 11 version is custom AutoGate jetways. These are visually far superior to the stock jetways that come with the AutoGate Kit. Not just that, but the animation is also far superior. The custom animation is mathematically derived and physically accurate with 10 different moving parts. As an example, the wheels not only turn but the entire wheel axle also pivots along its joint to keep the wheels perfectly matched to the ground.

Moreover, there is not just one or two different jetway models used for all the gates. Instead, each gate has its own specifically-animated and positioned jetway, resulting in 16 individually tailored jetway models that fit their gate perfectly.

These are all expected features of the scenery:

• 0.30 m resolution orthoimagery
• Custom terrain mesh with 5.00 m planar & 0.05 m altimetric resolution
• AutoGate passenger boarding bridges, Safedock A-VDGSs and marshallers
• Complete taxiway route network for use by ATC and AI aircraft
• Native X-Plane 11 ground service vehicles with ground route network
• Static aircraft toggled on/off by the 'Draw Parked Aircraft' checkbox
• Glass and pavement reflections
• Volumetric grass
• Road network with animated cars
• World Traffic v3 and X-Life v4 compatibility

The attached screenshots show a work-in-progress preview of the special features.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

01.jpg

• Upvote 6

I assume the version for P3D v4 is this one:

Or this one (why does Geneva have two preview topics anyway?):

If not, that would mean there would be two different Geneva sceneries in development which would be a waste of development capacity.

Personally I don't care one single bit about X-Plane, I only fly P3D v4. As soon as I see X-Plane I know, that's not for me. However in this light I got a question. It's known that the developer of Geneva for P3D, and I assume that's you, is also the developer of Dublin. The current Dublin scenery was ported over to X-Plane, but was never ported over to P3D v4. To this day there is still no Dublin scenery that works in P3D v4. So my question is, will you port over Dublin to P3D v4. To me (but that's just my opinion) that's more important than yet another X-Plane scenery.

• Upvote 3

Very cool. Please provide a good instruction on how to use LSGG with O4XP. Like myself, most of the Swiss people are using O4XP. Eventually it even make sense to bundle the two meshes. The end-user is not always skilled enough to create it himself.

• Upvote 1

Wow, thank you for modelling my favorite airport! Especially the large dip on final approach at runway 23 is something I was missing in other sceneries. It was my daily route to school through this dip. And I also didn't know the function of these refelctors.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Work in progress.....

Do you even know what I'm talking about? Judging from your smart ass remark, you don't.

There should be remote parking spots at the location I highlighted in red. But it looks like the dev. put the blue reservoir, the one I highlighted in blue, there instead. That blue thing has been removed long ago, and remote parking spots are there instead.

Edit: The video above confirms what I suspected. The truck and blue reservoir are there.

The thing is not released but it's some years outdated already. Work in progress indeed...

12.jpg.83cfb9ca2ced3c6d3aeba6ed1def1450.thumb.jpg.d1f1ff45092ab8e20c8c8ac321e22791.jpg

• Upvote 1

vor 6 Stunden , DreamSkywards sagte:

Do you even know what I'm talking about? Judging from your smart ass remark, you don't.

There should be remote parking spots at the location I highlighted in red. But it looks like the dev. put the blue reservoir, the one I highlighted in blue, there instead. That blue thing has been removed long ago, and remote parking spots are there instead.

Edit: The video above confirms what I suspected. The truck and blue reservoir are there.

The thing is not released but it's some years outdated already. Work in progress indeed...

Do you even know whom you are talking to? I give you a hint: Attacking one of the forum admins and leading Aerosoft staff members is probably not a very smart idea.

And maybe you should realise what the words "work in progress" mean. They mean that changes can (and will) still be made. But instead of giving your hint as a friendly advice for the remaining development works, you chose to take the impolite way and badmouth the still non-finalised scenery. Not a very smart idea either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I suggest to wait with strong comments until the product is released. 

My apologises to Mathijs Kok, Aerosoft staff, O.P. and the developer. I realise the mistake I made with my own "smart ass" comment and tone used, and I take full responsability. Let that be my lesson, I will refrain from posting again.

• Upvote 2

I guess it is already known, just want to mention that the lattering of the runway has been finally changed last night from 23-05 to 22-04.

Hi guys, here's a quick update on the scenery. The custom AutoGate jetways have been replaced by custom SAM jetways; static vehicles and clutter have been placed around the airport; and the radar reflectors, as well as all other buildings and structures, have been added.

Here are some new 4K screenshots. Bear in mind that the scenery is still a work-in-progress.

13.jpg

14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg

• Like 2

Hey,

Are you guys still working on this project and do you have an estimated date of when it'll be finished ?

Yes still in progress but no dates scheduled.