Multiple bugs

Holger Kistermann

Hi there,

I have already contacted the support with these bugs (#280755), but they stopped communication after a first mail exchange (I even sent out a mail one week later in order to ask for further support, but I did never get a reply). That's a bit frustrating, but maybe the community can help me out with these issues.

First, I do not have any anti virus programs beside the Win 10 Defender. During the installation, I have turned it off, as recommended by the installer.

Upon the first time after install, the A318/19 loads fine. Then I closed the sim and deleted all the unwanted liveries from the livery manager, so that a single repaint remained for each version of the A318/19. As a result, the A318 was totally gone from the aircraft selection menu in P3Dv4.3 and only the selected aircraft for the A319-100 CFM was left over. Oops!

The next thing I did was to do changes in the Configurator. As other users have already reported, there is a mistake in the filename, which I have renamed manually to get it work. I have changed the throttle count and the Navdata source.

When I want to fly the Airbus, the sim crashes immediately after selecting the aircraft, airport, time etc. before the loading status bar appears.

I have uninstalled and installed the Airbus about 20 times now and the result is always the same. Sometimes, after the fresh install, I can load the aircraft in the sim for one time and the next time I start P3D, the problem appears again. Same goes to the problems with the livery manager.

I have excluded the entire folder (and the file itself) in which the Configurator is located from the virus protection, but this did not help at all. Notice: When I did this and loaded P3D afterwards, I could load the aircraft in the sim, but the very next time, the problem appeared again.

This problem has nothing to do with the location from where I want to begin the flight (I tried out several locations) nor with the accompanying addons (Active Sky, REX, PFPX, EZCA, AI Traffic). The problem also appears again and again.

Unfortunately, no error.log file is created. I am using the latest version of your product (including the beta update). I am completely running out of ideas how to solve the problems. I'd be very glad if you can give me a helpful advice.

Best regards,
Holger

sure...

Computer:
Core i7 6700K
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Board

16 GB DDR4

NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti, 6 GB, 398.82 driver

System:

Windows 10 Pro 1803 with all current updates

Flightsim:

Prepar3D v4.3

Thrustmaster HOTAS

Major Addons:

Active Sky

REX (started everytime for the cloud models)

Navigraph
EZCA 1.87 (the old FSX version, but it runs perfect on P3Dv4)

Handmade AI Traffic

...but the problem also occurs if I start P3D without any of these addons. FYI I have inserted both .exe xmls as an attachmenent to this post.

I hope this helps.

Maybe it has to do something with the Antivirus protection (although the Configurator.exe and the folder is excluded). Is there any file (e.g. a config file or an ini-file) which is created after using the Airbus? Maybe this file gets corrupted and cannot be loaded the next time the Airbus should be loaded.

exe from AppdataRoaming.xml

exe from Programdata.xml

Hello, just two Questions:

1. How did you P3D updated to Version 4.3?

Content only or a complete Installation?

2. Did you see in your Event Viewer (Ereignisanzeige) any further Information?

Also worth a look at the Microsft Visual C Installation.

This is my Installation, of Course we have not identically Software:

Please login to display this image.

Gruß, Wolfgang

Hello everyone and thank you for your thoughts!

@Hoffie3000: I have made an incremental update, so just the content.  Regarding the Event Viewer, there is nothing serious in it. I have also monitored everything with the Process Monitor (Procmon) and Process Explorer, but did not find anything abnormal. As for Microsoft Visual Studio, I have roughly the same versions as you have (see the attachment).

@griestraum: Yes, I have already seen your thread and thought it might solve the problem. But RAAS makes no difference for my system. 

Please login to display this image.

Hi there,

the source of all evil has been discovered: The Thrustmaster HOTAS. As soon as I disconnect the throttle unit, the Airbus loads perfectly. When I reconnect it, the Airbus crashes upon loading. It took some time to discover this error, because the throttle unit is connected to an USB-port on my second monitor which is sometimes on and sometimes off. That's why I experienced random errors.

And this time, an error log file has been created. It stops right after opening SimConnect. See yourself:

--------------------------------------------------------

d:\p3daddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Data\AB_ND_GDI.log

Protocol of AB_ND_GDI.dll

Company: PAD-Labs GmbH

File version: 2.64.0.73

start time of this application : Tue Sep  4 21:22:12 2018

21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'AB_ND_GDI.dll':       2.64.0.73
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'FMGS.dll':            2.64.0.44
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'MiscD2D.dll':         1.64.0.32
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll':  1.64.0.203
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'ASC.dll':             3.0.4.0
21:22:12 : INFO :UseD2D is initially set to '0'
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! INI file for ND (filename:'d:\p3daddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Data\AB_ND_GDI.ini')
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 13528, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 7030 (filename:'C:\Users\Forke\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph\airports.txt')
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14051, NDBs = 2977, VORs and/or DMEs = 6070 (filename:'C:\Users\Forke\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph\navaids.txt')
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 263458, found intersections = 122246 (filename:'C:\Users\Forke\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph\navaids.txt')
21:22:12 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfully!

Ouch. Any idea how this can be solved?

18 minutes ago, Holger Kistermann said:

Hi there,

the source of all evil has been discovered: The Thrustmaster HOTAS. As soon as I disconnect the throttle unit, the Airbus loads perfectly. When I reconnect it, the Airbus crashes upon loading. It took some time to discover this error, because the throttle unit is connected to an USB-port on my second monitor which is sometimes on and sometimes off. That's why I experienced random errors.

And this time, an error log file has been created. It stops right after opening SimConnect. See yourself:

d:\p3daddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Data\AB_ND_GDI.log

Protocol of AB_ND_GDI.dll

Company: PAD-Labs GmbH

File version: 2.64.0.73

start time of this application : Tue Sep  4 21:22:12 2018

21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'AB_ND_GDI.dll':       2.64.0.73
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'FMGS.dll':            2.64.0.44
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'MiscD2D.dll':         1.64.0.32
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll':  1.64.0.203
21:22:12 : INFO :Detected version of 'ASC.dll':             3.0.4.0
21:22:12 : INFO :UseD2D is initially set to '0'
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! INI file for ND (filename:'d:\p3daddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Data\AB_ND_GDI.ini')
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 13528, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 7030 (filename:'C:\Users\Forke\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph\airports.txt')
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14051, NDBs = 2977, VORs and/or DMEs = 6070 (filename:'C:\Users\Forke\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph\navaids.txt')
21:22:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 263458, found intersections = 122246 (filename:'C:\Users\Forke\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph\navaids.txt')
21:22:12 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfully!

Ouch. Any idea how this can be solved?

Yes sir, I would test the HOTAS hardware to see if there is a problem (maybe the insulation wore away on one or more wires and the short is sending a signal causing your issue)?  Or just replace the controller.

Best wishes!

@DaveCT2003: Hmmm... Nope, I cannot confirm that. It is limited to this addon. All other addons, such as FSLabs A320, TFDi 717, Aerosoft CRJ 700/900, Carenado's, PMDG (just to name a few) do not have that issue. I have tested the HOTAS on several USB ports and I can always recreate the problem. Maybe simconnect?

I'm still not convinced that you don't have a controller issue (then again, I'm not sitting in front of your computer, so...), even if other aircraft work correctly.  The reason I'm saying this is because there is because each aircraft uses different software, and somehow the controller may be sending a signal that causes a problem with SimConnect.

One thing you can do is remove all your controller settings in P3D and then use the Registered (paid) version of FSUIPC to set up the controller functions.  If it works, then maybe SimConnect is interpreting a controller input wrong, resulting in what you're experiencing.

Now I don't know if this will help, but you can go to the link below and test your controller... but you'll have to pay very close attention to the testing to identify a problem, if it even shows up this way.

http://html5gamepad.com/

I still believe the best thing to do is get an inexpensive controller and try it.  You can pick up a very nice controller for about $20 US.

Best wishes.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

One thing you can do is remove all your controller settings in P3D and then use the Registered (paid) version of FSUIPC to set up the controller functions.  If it works, then maybe SimConnect is interpreting a controller input wrong, resulting in what you're experiencing.

Dave we do not advise that. Using P3D to read the controllers gives is a known result. With the many settings in FSUIPC there is a lot that can be wrong.

27 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Dave we do not advise that. Using P3D to read the controllers gives is a known result. With the many settings in FSUIPC there is a lot that can be wrong.

Rgr that, understand.  I meant it just as a means to test the controller, not for actual use.

Hi there,

@Mathijs KokNo, I do not use Thrustmaster Drivers... But I might give them a try.

@DaveCT2003I will give it a try. I still have an old one somewhere. I have a registered Version of FSUIPC, but I doubt that that this might help as the throttle unit is working perfectly if plugged in after loading has completed. Thanks for the link.

Archived