Advice & advice

GaryMcCl

Hi guys

I'm trying to train myself better for using the Aerosoft Airbus Professional, and the short video is me landing the A319. For the first time, I've manage to land quite well on the centre line I think, but I simply can''t get rid of the smoke. I get down to 'RETARD', pull engines to idle, and pull back on t he stick. I seems to take either go to LONG LANDING or I get all of that smoke...  Anyway, any advice would be good.

Thanks, Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Try to smoothly start your pull back (break) at around 30 feet. Before you hear „retard“. 

Other than that, practice practice practice. 

49 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Try to smoothly start your pull back (break) at around 30 feet. Before you hear „retard“. 

Other than that, practice practice practice. 

Interesting stuff, that sort of makes sense to me - it's just that I thought that 'RETARD' was the cockpit telling you that you had to do it then (roughly 20ft). I will give it a go - sounds good to me.

Thanks, mate. Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

The retard call out is just there to remind you to pull the thrustlevers to idle. You can do this sooner or later. The flare/break/pull up can be done when deemed appropriate. 

Every landing is different so do not expect to „find“ one way of doing things that will always get you a good landing. The trick is to get more good landings than bad ones. ;)

1 minute ago, Frank Docter said:

The retard call out is just there to remind you to pull the thrustlevers to idle. You can do this sooner or later

That'ss good stuff to hear. I'll keep that in mind.  I thought it was an instruction...

Archived