Runway light "spikes" at Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0

Aleksander_B

Hi,

I have some problems with the runway marker lights in my P3dv4 - Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0.
I get these wierd "light spikes", most taxiway lighting is as they shoud be. 

Tried with and without Dynamic Lighting, no difference. 

Do you have any advise for me? 

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Developer

What you see is based on the limits of the engine of P3D and FSX, as there are no directed lights are available, expect (with many unrealistic limits) the Afcad based lights.

What you see in an angle around -90 or +90 degrees is the flat poly showing the light. There are no options based on SDK to dim them out for this angles, as in real.

For the moment, no solution for that.

(For older Mircosoft FSX Versions, we had other options based on frame based calculation with custom dll modules, which are not anymore available for FSX:SE or P3D)

Afcad based lights are no option for us, as they have no option to configure each Lamp in hight above ground, color or distances.

And, this has nothing to do with dynamic lights or effects, which will be not usable here (performance).

• 2 weeks later...

Dears i have never made any attention to this. But i have the same issue time ago with the steam fsx version and now with the newest p3d version. Both simulators did show those spikes. 

Archived