Pilot Waypoints

Spacee

Hi, I'm just learning about this system so I apologise if I'm making a really stupid mistake but I'm not entirely sure. I'm trying to create a waypoint to fly me onto final nicely but whenever I input the information, it clears it and nothing comes of it. This is the information I enter, in which point it takes me to a list of waypoints with the name, I choose the top CF26 (9nm, closest to me) and then it just clears the data on that page. No waypoint is entered in the F-PLN page or visible on the ND. I have tried writing it as /75 and /075 aswell as /3 and /3.0, not that it likely makes a difference.

Please login to display this image.

After I select CF26:

I was having a play with this function the other day for different purpose. I was setting an arc at a specific dme on a radial from a VOR. It worked perfectly. I assume you are trying to set a waypoint 3 miles along the 075° radial from CF26? I have just successfully added a waypoint on the 090 radial 5 miles out of a fix on the approach to Manchester named FD23R. When I paste it into LSK3 it jumps back to the route page and it is added above the last waypoint for some reason. So look there, it may have appeared. It's named "PBD01" 

Correct, I am trying to set a waypoint 3nm along the 075 radial from CF26, and I just checked still not having any luck. I only just reinstalled my sim today too, I am running the experimental update though so maybe it has something to do with that?

I'm on latest experimental too. Have you tried it on a VOR near by? The method I used didn't feel correct. I set my SID and went onto the last fix in the SID, and typed hdhdjfkf in the scratch pad to invoke it to go to the create waypoint page. I can't seem to get to that page any other way other than entering a bogus waypoint in. And I'm not sure why it ends up above my last waypoint either. But I can get it to appear on the flight plan. 

I just tried that and still the same result however I noticed if I try to do the CF26 one, and then try to do one on a VOR, when I input the data and it takes me to the list of duplicate waypoint names it still lists the CF26 waypoints.

Hmmm. I'm out then. Seems it isn't functioning properly, but I don't fully k ow how it is supposed to function so we may be asking it to do something illogical. Someone who uses this function more may know

• 3 weeks later...

hi Spacee!

The mentioned page is not fully implemented yet. Nevertheless you still can insert the waypoint that you want using the F-PLN page.

To do so, enter your data (e.g. the same CF26/75/3) on the F-PLN page, and then click at the LSK where you want to insert.

1 hour ago, Choobe said:

hi Spacee!

The mentioned page is not fully implemented yet. Nevertheless you still can insert the waypoint that you want using the F-PLN page.

To do so, enter your data (e.g. the same CF26/75/3) on the F-PLN page, and then click at the LSK where you want to insert.

Thanks, do you know if this page is planned for completion with SP1 or would it possibly be later than that?

Archived