PFPX refuses to start

This just started happening tonight. It keeps crashing when the program window opens on "Loading Data", and the splash screen says initializing weather.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, tried every version I could find (1.28, 1.28.7, 1.28.9c, and 128.9i).  I was using 1.28.7 prior with no issues.  I updated the runtimes, deleted the Temp data, and checked to see if any windows updates had been installed.  Nothing was installed since 8/14, and I I have used PFPX after that without a crash.  Any ideas on what is causing it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you take a look into your Windows Event Viewer (eventvwr.exe -> Windows logs -> Application) please and check for item written by pfpx.exe? 

If you find any please post the details of the newest one here. 

It just listed it as an application hang, with no file listed as the culprit.

The program PFPX.exe version 1.2.8.9 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 3afc
 Start Time: 01d440cd647aa0c6
 Termination Time: 28
 Application Path: E:\Addons\PFPX\PFPX.exe
 Report Id: afc11899-8acb-4476-bd92-9d70010fe023
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

Solved.  I didn't think this would have been possible, but uninstalling a sound driver update and rolling back to the previous version fixed the problem.  The update was causing other issues not related to this, but I decided to try again after rolling back and it worked.

Archived