After turnaround: Aircraft shaking during pushback, couldn't start taxi

Meyerflyer

Hello,

I experienced a strange problem after turning the aircraft around, so doing a second flight without rebooting the computer or restarting the sim. Once I started push back with GSX, the Airbus started shaking in a high frequency during pushback, which dissappeared after the pushback had been completed. I then set the parking brake normally, which of course hadn't been set during pushback.

After that, I wanted to start taxi, but the aircraft seemed to be stuck on the apron. I could only start taxiing after setting about 60-70% thrust. Only then the Bus slowly started to move. After it had reached some knots, it then behave normal. I think it has to do with the brakes, that apply, when moving after completing the first flight.

The same problem has been reported in the German Support forum, but hasn't been answered so far. The user there also explained, that while running the automatic checklist with the copilot, it stopped at the point where the parking brakes were called, so there seems to be an issue.

Link: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/138930-brems-löst-sich-nicht-nach-turnaround-autobrake-löst-aus/&tab=comments#comment-899837

Has anyone done a turnaround without reloading the sim and can tell me, if this a common issue? Thanks.

Regards, Julian

Hi Julian, which version of the Airbus are you using and what particular aircraft? (A318, A319 CFM or A319 IAE)? I have successfully completed turn arounds, also with GSX using the latest experimental updates.

Hello Erik and Mathijs,

currently, I am using the bus Version 1.1.0.0 without experimental updates. I only fly the A319 CFM variant.

I also did a full Joystick calibration outside the sim in Windows. Besides this issue I never had and never have any problems regarding the stick, so I doubt, it can be a stick issue.

And just to make sure. I'm not talking about the turnaround state, but flying two legs without reloading anything. I'm always loading the first flight in cold&dark state.

I have done several turnaround flights (this aircraft is great for doing that) while flying on VATSIM and have not had this issue at all.  What is different for my setup however is I don't start cold and dark, but ready to start state (going off memory so may not be what it is called) and I have all the experimental updates installed.  I am also using GSX and so far have not had to reset GSX or anything like that and also had no issues with the checklist, which starts over after the countdown timer has concluded.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking into the program I think the starting condition has no influence on this issue. I tried to reproduce the issue but failed. Everything works well after the "automatic" turnaround e.g. 5 minutes after the parking CL has been finished. The only possibility I see how this might happen is that you maybe did not wait those 5 minutes but manually loaded the TURNAROUND state in the MCDU3. This state is used after loading the aircraft e.g. all variables in such a case are "cleared". If it is manually used after the parking CL has been finished some variables from the previous flight are maybe not yet "cleared". This only happens during the automatic setback to the TURNAROUND state. So do not use this function for a real turnaround but wait the 5 minutes. If this seems to be too long for you then use the time accellaration function in P3D (keyboad R+ / resp. R-).

Regards,

Rolf

Hello,

I'm a bit confused now. I neither do load any new state because the aircraft is ready for the return flight on its own, nor do I start the pushback immediately after arriving at the gate. I made a realistic turnaround, that means I had been on the ground for like 45-50mins where I uplifted fuel, did the deboarding and boarding.

I also do not use the automatic checklist function if CL means Checklist. Any ideas?

• Deputy Sheriffs

How do you determine if not using the checklist function that the plane is in the turnaround state? Just looking at some switches? But what about all the background system items? That is why if the checklist is used the plane is automatically set back (after the parking checklist has been finished) to the initial TURNAROUND ACFT STATE. If you do not use the checklist function then at least you should reload the TURNAROUND ACFT STATE before starting your new flight....... I do not know if all systems are then set back to its initial state but at least most of them ..... and maybe your problems are solved. 

Regards,

Rolf

I assume, that the aircraft is ready for the return flight, when I set the parking brakes an do all the items you do after arriving at the gate, like setting the parking brake, setting the fuel pumps off, etc. I think, that should make the aircraft ready for the turnaround. As you define the Airbus as aircraft for the daily business of a real pilot and they do not have to load a new state before pushback for the return flight, I would like to be able to do the return flight without loading the turnaround state. As even the old Bus had no problem in this kind, I believe there could be an issue if the aircraft is really not able to do the return flight without loading a new state in the third MCDU.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not want to be unpolite but what do you expect from a software for which you paid a couple of ten euros compared to the "hardware" which costs several million euros? I do really hope not the same behaviour! You bought a simulation software and software behaves in some ways different from the real thing. In reality no pilot is allowed to fly without using the checklist and this was our intention when we implemented this feature: To make it "real" as possible. A lot of users in this thread confirmed that it works using the checklists as required e. g. without any issues. If you want to use the software in a different way e. g. playing around (or using your own procedures) you can of course do that but do not blame Aerosoft if something is not working as you expect. You are using the words "assume" resp. "think" but how we shall definitely know that you did everything according to the procedures implemented / programmed and did not forget to make certain settings? And additionally you cannot compare this version with previous ones as most parts of it are really newly programmed and a lot of features have been added. I suggested a "workaround" for your problems but if you do not accept it then I am out of options. Therfore for me this discussion is closed.......

I think we can calm down. I'm not angry or something, I just wanted to discuss that with you. No need to be excited. :) Yes, it is just a simulation and I know, that I can not expect a software that can be compared to the real Busses software...

I just wanted to express, that it behaves other than in the previous Bus an that for me it feels like an issue because I never had this problem in the old Bus doing absolutely the same things. That doesn't mean it is a bug or a fault of Aerosoft. And as you can see in my user history, I'm a real Aerosoft fan and would never blame them for anything, I even defend them from rude users. I also support you with different data or information regarding other issues, that cost my private time. So don't be harsh to me please.

If you feel, that I do something wrong here, that is okay for me. I will maybe then use the checklist function for a test or load the TURNAROUND state before preparing the return flight. If you like, please close this topic.

Regards, Julian

Archived