annual ground friction question

Breenild

Hey Aerosoft,

I would like to ask about your opinion, to change something at the terrible taxying behavior of the twin otter???

In a other thread you wrote, this is a FSX/P3D limitation. But this can't be the truth!!

I have several aircraft from different developers. But the Twin Otter is the FAR FAR FAR most terrible to taxi aircraft!!

It can't be a FSX/P3D limitation, because the other developer can do it nicely. Why not the twin otter???

Tell me please, where this friction is coded! I wanna change that!

I have to agree, although to be fair it seems likely something changed in P3D to exacerbate the problem and the Twin Otter was, after all, designed for FSX. It used to be a small issue in FSX but since I switched to P3Dv4 it needs about 3/4 full power to break away. On the plus side, we shouldn't be spending too much of our time taxiing :)

• Aerosoft

It's indeed an issue in the sim, aircraft that solve it have special code that tweaks the sim, we did not include this in this (by now very old model) but will do so if we ever update it.For now we advise FSUIPC that also has a fix build in for this.

I have the simple Lancair Legacy from Real Air, which is an pretty old addon, only made for 32 bit.

But the taxiing works here (in P3D V4) like a dream compared to the twin otter!!

Mathjs it would be great to describe, how this workaround in FSUIPC works! Or please post here a link to that.

I didn;t found anything about that!

I can't imagine, how FSUIPC has control over the friction of an aircraft.

Thank you very much for this link.

But what about your announcement to make a extended Twin Otter Extended?

I would love this, and I would pay a full price for this new addon, if this cover some annoying things in the actual Twin Otter!

• ground friction problem
  • a better gps-device or the ability to add the Flight1 GTN 
  • perhaps a better handling of climbing or descending while autopilot is active. the actual system isn't very comfortable
  • some turbine temperature problem. When flying in certain conditions, the turbine heats up very much, so you can only fly 120 knots with temperature short below red area. I don't know, if this is realistic!
  • the yoke should be able to remove for better visibility to the instruments

And even if some of this wishes are not 100% conform to the real Twotter, it would be nice for a better comfort.

If you like you could introduce a switch in the configuration panel for "easy/professional mode", so everyone can select, whatever he like.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived