Radio Tuning

Scottie5

Since installing the latest experimental update and flying on VATSIM, the standby comm freq has an extra .15.  for example if I tune 122.80 and then the standby freq will have 122.815 if I move the dial around.  Not a huge deal, I have to transfer the freq back over and then change again and it works, but was not present before.  I hope I did not confuse anyone.

17 hours ago, Scottie5 said:

Since installing the latest experimental update and flying on VATSIM, the standby comm freq has an extra .15.  for example if I tune 122.80 and then the standby freq will have 122.815 if I move the dial around.  Not a huge deal, I have to transfer the freq back over and then change again and it works, but was not present before.  I hope I did not confuse anyone.

I fly exclusively on VATSIM and I've never had this issue.

One thing you can try is running the tool linked to below... if you do, would you let us know if anything was in need of being updated?

Many thanks.

LINK:  http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

No files were updated by the tool and nothing pending update, shows 4.7.2 Windows 10 April 2018 installed.  Just really odd.  It does not affect connection to vPilot, actual tuning of frequencies, or anything like that as long as I do the workaround of changing to ready for takeoff state then choose another state after.  Nice little .net tool though, was not aware of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done quite a few flights on vatsim and so far I've seen this happen once where I couldn't set the correct frequency with the radio control panel. I had to use .com1 121.300 command on vpilot.

Guys,

The incorrect frequency issue and VATSIM issue are two separate issues.  The inability to tune the correct frequency issue exists for COM1 (the initially active window which becomes the inactive when you swap frequencies) is a know issue (so we don't need reports on this).  The work around is to select COM2 active on the Captains side and you'll then be fine.

Best wishes.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:41 PM, Scottie5 said:

I just experanced this same issue flying the newly released A321. Never had this issue with the A319 non-experimental. Copy on it being a known issue.

Archived