Entering data into MCDU causes CTD, can be reproduced

balus

I seem to be able to reproduce a CTD when entering data into the MCDU. There are 2 errors recorded in the Application Log, the first is

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFC6FCA6BF2

and the second, 3 seconds later

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: FMGS.dll, version: 2.64.0.44, time stamp: 0x5b7e6165
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000026bf2
Faulting process id: 0x219c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d43e7004549e35
Faulting application path: D:\p3dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\p3dv4\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.dll
Report Id: b81dde92-4ea7-428e-b388-7b749ca62458
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Sequence of events is

• I ran the updater before loading P3D and updated to version 1.1.0.1
  • Downloaded and installed EasyJet G_EZIW.zip from the Aerosoft website - the version updated for Professional
  • Created a flightplan in SimBrief and exported
    [CoRte]
    ArptDep=EHAM
    ArptArr=EGKK
    RwyDep=EHAM36L
    RwyArr=EGKK26L
    SID=GORL3V
    STAR=TIMB1J
    SID_Trans=GORLO
    Airway1=UL980
    Airway1FROM=GORLO
    Airway1TO=REFSO
    DctWpt2=ERING
    DctWpt2Coordinates=51.590681,1.611944
  • Loaded the aircraft at EHAM gate H4 (Default State is Cold and Dark), Shift-2 to bring up the MCDU, undock and move to second screen then Shift-4 to bring up the options MCDU, undock and move to 2nd screen.
  • Selected LOAD/FUEL, clicked on Loadsheet and noticed that only the INSTANT option was available, the others were greyed out. Selected INSTANT.
  • Selected GROUND CONNECTIONS and set chocks, external power on
  • Went to overhead, clicked on external power and then started the APU
  • Loaded the flight and completed both INIT pages with no problem
  • Usually at this stage I lose sound and the cursor changes to a spinning circle and eventually the CTD happens

This is the first time that I have had an error with this product, so I am guessing that something in the update didn't work properly - can I go back a version?

Specs are Windows 10 x64, GTX970, i7 4790K, 16GB RAM, P3Dv4.3 on an SSD by itself.

Thanks

Scott

Ok, restored the following directories/folders from a recent backup

Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional in my P3Dv4 folder on my D: drive

Aerosoft in Documents on C: drive

And I'm now into the the checklists with no CTD having followed the same sequence as above

It would appear, in my case, that something in the latest update broke it.

45 minutes ago, balus said:

Ok, restored the following directories/folders from a recent backup

Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional in my P3Dv4 folder on my D: drive

Aerosoft in Documents on C: drive

And I'm now into the the checklists with no CTD having followed the same sequence as above

It would appear, in my case, that something in the latest update broke it.

Hi!

Just curious ;).

Why do you have an Airbus folder in your P3Dv4 folder?

Mine is only in the Document folder, nothing in the P3D\simobjects\airplanes folder.

And no problems so far after a clean new install of P3Dv4.3 installation.

I have nothing in the P3D\simobjects folder, I do have a folder, Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional, in the root of the P3D folder, within this is a simobjects folder with all the aircraft related files/folders - that's how it was installed

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 5 Stunden , balus sagte:
  • Loaded the aircraft at EHAM gate H4 (Default State is Cold and Dark), Shift-2 to bring up the MCDU, undock and move to second screen then Shift-4 to bring up the options MCDU, undock and move to 2nd screen.
  • Selected LOAD/FUEL, clicked on Loadsheet and noticed that only the INSTANT option was available, the others were greyed out. Selected INSTANT.
  • Selected GROUND CONNECTIONS and set chocks, external power on

You are saying that your DEF ACFT STATE is C&D and that in the LOAD/FUEL menu only INSTANT is available and as well that you have to set chocks and external power to on. This clearly shows that the ACFT STATE C&D is not correctly loaded as otherwise the complete LOAD/FUEL options would be available. Also the chocks should be on as well as the external power connected. In such a case please try to reload the ACFT STATE again by clicking on the LSK1L again......

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 7 Stunden , balus sagte:

Faulting module path: D:\p3dv4\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.dll

If the C&D ACFT STATE does not load properly the reason might be your installation folder. According to LM everything should be nowerdays installed outside the P3D v4 folder with the Prepar3D.exe. So the standard installation folder for the Aerosoft Airbus Professional is C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Aerosoft ...... and I believe you maybe manually changed this! So uninstall the Aerosoft Airbus Professional using the Windows function, delete all remaining folders/files in D:\p3dv4\Aerosoft........ and newly install it on C.\Users\Your Name\Documents\...... I am convinced that this will solve your problems because until now no other user experienced the problem described.

Regards,

Rolf

Interesting. I just uninstalled and started a re-installation, the prompted path is "d:\p3d addons" which is a folder that I use to install scenery and other addons , I have PANC and EDDF from Aerosoft installed there, it is on the same drive as P3D but outside of its folder structure.

Lockheed Martin PREPAR3D V4.x
    D:\p3dv4\
A318-A319 Professional
    D:\p3d addons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Aerosoft Updater
    C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater
ApplicationData User (config files):
    C:\Users\Scott\Documents
Operatingssystem:
Windows-Font folder:
    C:\Windows\Fonts\
    Replace fonts
    Using Windows 8 or higher shortcuts/APPS

So it looks like the update doesn't preserve the default panel state and in fact leaves the aircraft in an inconsistent state that causes a CTD.

By resetting the default I was able to clear the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

All MCDU3 general and individual settings (and a lot of other variables) are saved in a file called "Setup.abx". In a "clean" file version no DEF ACFT STATE is defined because we believe that this an individual option. So if for any reason this file has to be updated a new "clean" version is distributed which means the user has to repeat his individual settings......

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived