FUEL TANKS problem

Eduard Gasull

Please login to display this image.

Hi, im right doing a long flight to Boston. 

I have a problem with fuel tanks. All main pumps are in feed only. aux 1, 2 ,3  and 4 are depleted.  main 1 and 4 are reaching bellow 5000 lbs but 2 and 3 remain at 17600 lb. this is very strange right? i have set know main pumps 1 & 4 to feed only as it says in the tuturial but i dont undestand why 2 and 3 main tanks are still completely filled.  What im doing wrong? or its a bug? its the first situation i have with this aircraft as is the frist time i do a long flight with this plane?. Im trying to cross fuel from 2 and 3 to 1 and 4 but cross valves dos not work, it seems they are not simulated. thanks

cheers

Please login to display this image.

Cross feed isn't simulated, at least right now to the best of my knowledge.

You should be able to set up your switches so that the engines are feeding off the heavier tanks (i.e. 17,600 lbs fuel tanks) and the 5,000 lb will count down slowly or not at all.

Then once all of your tanks are at 5,000 lbs you will be good to go --- set it to feed from all tanks.

It's been a month since I had time to fly a long-range flight on the DC-8 so I'm going off memory when I did my Japan-to-California flight.  I need to do another long-range flight to cement the procedure in my head.  You're right though, if we had x-feed it would be easier.

• Developer

Each engine should draw fuel from its main tank. It looks as if the aircraft did not initiate properly.  It's necessary to delay the tank selection a little on start up and there is a line of code to do this, but in your case it may not be enough delay.  

Here is a replacement file that doubles the delay.  (Back up the old one just in case.)   It goes into the Panel/DC8_Fuel folder.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ugpVUZkDg1FRINhYlFaDcVu8y4AHbj9i

If this is a saved flight you could fix it by loading more fuel until there is some fuel in the numbers 2&3 alt tanks.  Then set the tank selector levers for engines 2&3 to alt and then back to main.  Finally reduce the total fuel back to what it started at. 

8 hours ago, Michael2 said:

Each engine should draw fuel from its main tank. It looks as if the aircraft did not initiate properly.  It's necessary to delay the tank selection a little on start up and there is a line of code to do this, but in your case it may not be enough delay.  

Here is a replacement file that doubles the delay.  (Back up the old one just in case.)   It goes into the Panel/DC8_Fuel folder.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ugpVUZkDg1FRINhYlFaDcVu8y4AHbj9i

If this is a saved flight you could fix it by loading more fuel until there is some fuel in the numbers 2&3 alt tanks.  Then set the tank selector levers for engines 2&3 to alt and then back to main.  Finally reduce the total fuel back to what it started at. 

Thanks for much for the grat support!

Archived