Aerosoft Updater

Good afternoon gentlemen,

I do have a request regarding the Aerosoft Updater - tool which is only for the Aerosoft Airbus available.

Maybe you had this idea. If not, here it is:

What if you extend this Aerosoft Updater to all available Add-Ons? This would lead into easier check if my product is up-to-date or I do not miss then a update?
I know this would be at the beginning a heavy workload, but if you have done the basic, then the rest would be (hopefully) easy isn´t it and a forum announcement is not necessary anymore?

Kind regards,
Dirk

• Deputy Sheriffs

The updater is not only used for the Aribus, but also the CRJ and the DC-8. And of course all other future releases of new products will be added to it as well ;) 

• 4 months later...

I'd really like to see the updater handle the updates for ALL the Aerosoft software, it would be quite handy. It would be a big time saver to just fire up one application that automatically checks for updates, downloads and installs them automatically. Orbx's FTX Central for example is a blast, so simple and convenient! 

• Developer

I prefer to let the user choose whether he/she/it wants to install an update or not. The other thing is that Orbx products are all sceneries from the same group of developers, most likely developed following certain guidelines. Aerosoft's products are much more divers and come from a great number of developers who all have their own personal "style".

Usually, when a major new version for a product becomes available, we add updater support to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

So, Mega airport london Heathrow, Barcelona professional, Napoli, Paris CDG, ... are not yet supported in the updater (or will never be?)?

Best

Denis

• Aerosoft

As we explained several times when products are updated they will be included. What sense would it make to include them if there are no updates? If you want to download a full new build that ONLY adds compatibility with the updater I am sorry we can't agree. It seems utterly silly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.1.2019 at 21:48, Hans Hartmann sagte:

I prefer to let the user choose whether he/she/it wants to install an update or not.

By writing "automatically" I didn't mean the user being unable to choose whether to update or not, I meant "client checks for updates automatically, informs the user when updates are available, user clicks on products to be updated, updates are downloaded and installed automatically".

On 3.2.2019 at 19:35, Mathijs Kok sagte:

As we explained several times when products are updated they will be included. 

Maybe something is wrong with my updater then. AFAIK there were several updates for airports I have installed, but except for "Madrid" none of them ever show up in my updater...

Archived