!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

chasndav

CRZ N1 Blue Number

I’m sure this is in the manual somewhere but I cannot seem to find it.  What is the blue N1 number located above the actual N1 number on the EICAS?  Since the FADEC state (CRZ) is also in blue I am guessing it is a recommended setting yet I find I cruise at an N1 of about 81 at FL300 compared to the 85-86 range of the “recommendation”.  Thanks.

There is no FADEC state CRZ in the CRJ. Power during cruise is completely manual. The blue number shows the recommended N1 for the other FADEC modes GA, TOGA, CLB and MAX.

• Upvote 1

The blue number is the target or maximum for each thrust mode. CRZ is one of these thrust modes and the FADEC system will calculate a target or maximum N1 based on the situation you are in, like atmospheric conditions, bleed air load etc.

For modes like TO, GA, FLEX, CLB and MCT, it's the target for FADEC to reach. In CRZ mode, since FADEC does not actively control thrust, it is an N1 limit. Usually you cruise with an N1 a bit below that limit, unless you are pushing it towards the performance ceiling for your current conditions.

I just wanted to provide a bit more info if someone else will be looking through here with the same question :).