no TrueGlass effect while flying through storm

Hi all,

as the titel already said, I do not see any TruGlass effect while I was flying through a thunderstorm. (2nd time i saw that)

I cant say if the Raineffect appears on ground, there was no rain unfortunately :(

Installierte Version: 1.1.0.0

P3D latest version

Active Sky

TrueGlass not disabled.

Please login to display this image.

Is this an issue or is it not possible to simulate the raindrops in a thunderstorm ?

Thanks and available for further clarifications :)

BR

Bernd

okay, so we can say its a limitation of the sim?

It is raining but its not "seen" from the TrueGlass and weather radar or its "cloud rain" which is not seen?

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is not raining. There is no precipitation around you. That's what the WXR clearly shows. There is precipitation ahead of you, but not at your current position.

The WXR picks the weather directly from the sim, just like TrueGlass does.

That is no limitation, but simply no rain ;) 

• Aerosoft

Well I see no rain in that image, none of the default striping effects is shown. The weather radar shows perfectly where the rain is, in front of the aircraft, not at the aircraft location. That's why TrueGlass effects are not shown.

The weather radar and trueGlass are 100% independent modules that only use the same bit of information, if there is rain at the aircrafts location.  The chance both will be bugged at the same time is simply close to zero.

Please have a look on the left edge of the image. I can clearly see the rain striping effect and even in front, but not that clear like on the left hand side (the side window, not the front window). I don't know your screen settings, but I can see them clearly. So it has rained while he took the picture.

Probably, and I just say probably because I dont know if its simulated, its an "Active Sky Feature".

I was in a cloud and probably it is "in cloud rain" simulation dont know :-P

Had rain in ENVA on that trip then too, with nicely effect on my windows :)

1 hour ago, Joan Alonso said:

I believe there’s a speed limit. Can not remember exactly, 240-270? Something above these Trueglass stops showing drops whether it’s raining outside or not.

I believe this is correct!

vor 16 Stunden , Joan Alonso sagte:

I believe there’s a speed limit. Can not remember exactly, 240-270? Something above these Trueglass stops showing drops whether it’s raining outside or not.

Cool information if its true, thanks :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived