Step-by-step guide.... Somehow disappointed

gpxe

Hello everyone ! Just bought the product and I very much enjoy flying the Airbus A319. However, what a disappointment with the step by step guide ! Numbering of the explanatory footnotes is not consistent with the numbering of the different steps, order of the checklists is not consistent with the order in the simulator, making it very difficult to follow, pictures are not always for the EDDF/EGLL flights (some are from the previous version of teh document, where it was a Nice-Innsbruck flight), a lot of words are missing .... See by yourself in the attachment. Aerosoft, was passiert ?

Thanks anyway

Copyright protected material removed!

Please do not post copyright protected material publicly in the forum.

OK noted thanks Tom.

Back to the initial point : do you plan to revise the doc ? I had a look at the ste-by-step guide for the previous version of Airbus A318/319 and it was pretty qualitative.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just thought I would make some observations about the step by step tutorial. Because I am having issues with very steep ascents/descents in managed mode, with occasional stutters, I thought I would too use the Step by Step guide ver 2 to rule out me missing a vital step. The guide is better than ver 1 with some obvious mistakes removed, though several remain. I soon got lost, gave up a few times...but now back again, only this time cutting and pasting the "relevant bits" so I can easily repeat the flight..for now, stuck on the lack of wind data....when done, I will post my full flight setup and results.

As the other poster said, the tutorial as lots and lots of information...too much. the tutorial does not flow but leaps about in the early set up stages. I would like to see a straight forward tutorial that walks you though what needs to be done for that flight with that aircraft on that route. Then all users are on the same page. Monkey see monkey do has its advantages in the very early stages of training. 

I think my problem (yeah I know, I have many....) maybe with the wind insertion into the plan. Because I am following the step by step guide, it says to use the P3D fair weather. This means to me, not to use AS and its weather engine. This in turn means I do not have available a wx file for the weather(wind) to be created. So, when I chose the WIND feature in the MCDU, I of course get a blank return...Now this could be my main issue for ascents and descents as no wind calculations are present, though that said, you would then think the aircraft logic would say no wind and a 1000 ft per min is fine...

Anyway, just my thoughts on the step by step guide. I thought the idea of the numbers was great as you should be able to go from 1 to 218. All assumptions and pre-config is fine, but maybe in front of the actual tutorial...sort of, ok the set up of P3D and the aircraft to be used is now done...lets start the tutorial, step 1...this way every one is at the same place....just my thoughts...

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am planning to do some serious work on that manual before the A320/A321 release.

Great Mathijs. The step by step needs an obvious flow that encourages users to use it with no side trips of information or alternatives to muddy the waters. After mastering it, we can branch out with different variants of the bus family and then different city pairs and weather engines. If and when an issue develops, we they can revert back to the first tutorial and see what is the difference.

Your other step by step manuals are sort of reference manuals with flights built around and through the information. I think if the tutorial walked along and when the author considered it was getting too wordy, with the risk of losing the new flyer, you refer to section so and so in that manual which has more details, especially pics to clarify maybe input into the MCDU. Hopefully, some one, other than the author, has carried out the flight several times to verify the inputs and outcomes of the manual. 

In my last life, I was a SAP programmer and one of my roles after install was training and helpdesk. I can't emphasis enough the benefit of getting a non expert to use the guide before release. I used to be quite proud of some of my manuals, only to be stopped in my tracks by an inexperienced SAP user who could not follow my manual(therefore unproductive in the workplace). Being the programmer and manual author, I had missed out one or two of the "little" things I thought were obvious.  

I like tutorials as they hopefully teach the correct sequence of events and what to expect....Really looking forward to the A320/A321 being released. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived