No Airbus after P3D reinstall

Gee8ch

I have had to reinstall P3DV4.3 but, although I have the 'add-on' xml file in the Documents Folder pointing to the 'SimObjects' Folder, the aircraft are not showing in P3D. According to Vol1, I should not have to reinstall the airbus.

Gee8ch

That has done the trick. Thinking back, I removed P3D following instructions obtained from searching the web and the first thing it stated to do was to remove both the P3D Add-ons and the P3D Files Folders and this might have cause the problem. I wondered whether I should delete these two folders but I did after taking a backup of them and reinstalled from the copy when P3D was installed. However I did not do anything to the Aerosoft Folder so I would have thought that the 'add-on' file would still have worked. Anyway all is OK now.

Thanks,

George

• Deputy Sheriffs

Best solution is to install addons completely outside P3D in a separate folder. Example if you have P3D installed at c:/P3D, you can create a folder like c:/addons and install all addons using the new installation methode in this folder. if you ever need to reinstall P3D then simply leave this addon folder as it is and you will get back your addons without reinstalling them

• Deputy Sheriffs

One note from my side:

1. “Documents\P3Dv4 Addons\addonfolder\add-on.xml” will be restored automatically.

2. “Wherever\addonfolder\add-on.xml” will not be restored automatically. This location is registered in one of the two add-on.cfg files. If that cfg is removed while reinstalling P3Dv4, you have to reregister manually or by backup of the cfg file.

Archived