Airbus state issue - FlyChrono

MartinRichards

I originally consulted about this on the pinned thread in this part of the forum. After some troubleshooting I have determined the issue and the fix - so this is essentially a heads up for uses of FlyChrono and the Aerosoft Airbus Professional.

FlyChrono, as those who use it know, keeps your simulator time synced to keep it synced to real world time, compensating somewhat for the flaws in P3D's design regarding time. It syncs the time by partially reloading the simulator. Unfortunately as I discovered yesterday, this causes some issues with the Aerosoft Airbus.

It appears that the reloading caused by FlyChrono interferes with the initial loadup of the airbus. I have my default Panel-State set to cold and dark in the Options MCDU, the reload appears to intefere with this and the aircraft does not load the state correctly. It instead loads up it's 'factory' state, aka, engines on etc. However the Options MCDU greys the State, Door and GND services options. This is not effected if you set parking brakes or shut down the engines (I was moving forward for some reason when I took the screenshot so there is a small groundspeed, take my word for it that it is no different with the parking brake on and engines off). A screenshot is attached below.

This issue can be resolved rather easily I have found. Simply do not start flychrono until the Airbus has fully loaded. Loading the aircraft while FlyChrono is already loaded in is what causes the Issues.

This is only a relatively minor bug, though frustrating if the cause isn't initally identified, so I am leaving this post here partially so that this can be potentially patched around if possible.

Thanks,

Martin.

Edit: I should probably also clarify that this is most likely an issue with the most recent update of FlyChrono, as I did not have any previous issues with FlyChrono and the Aerosoft Airbus. I will probably make a similar post on the FlyApps support forum to make the developers of the addon aware, this post is mostly just a heads-up for users of the Aerosoft who also use FlyChrono.

Please login to display this image.

Archived