Is this some kind of joke ?

John Glanville

I came across this " download " and all I can say is that I am very disappointed that someone would upload a livery that is not their own work .

Why it is packaged as separate texture sheets ( without a [fltsim=XX] entry ) is puzzling to say the least .

The livery in question N911UY is even included in the product and was made by DetCord and myself - so proof enough that it is our work by simply comparing each texture sheet - there were " improvements " made that are not in the paint kit .

Hopefully this will be removed in the near future . Maybe it's time to appoint a Livery Manager would could check before allowing such " uploads " to be made .

John Glanville

John,

I've hidden the file until we can investigate.  In the future, just send one of the moderators a PM with the relevant info and we can take care of this faster.  If you'd like to PM me the proof on this, I'll be happy to remove the file permanently.

Thanks John.

Dave ,

The proof is in the product . By comparing each texture sheet ( by overlaying them ) you will see they are an exact match pixel for pixel . That someone makes a " similar " livery of an airline is one thing but there are ALWAYS going to be small differences , with this " download " there are none , each texture sheet is the same .

I really don't want to have to search the file library for anymore of these uploads but not having much choice in the matter as it stands .

One example is the MID section where I added text to a red / white stripe ( made entirely by myself - so I know what is written there ) which is also present in the download linked in my post . Another is the striping in the TAIL section is also exactly the same . I also " corrected " a misalignment in the windows - also present . There are several more instances that I will not mention here .

I am just about to go to work and will prepare ( if needed ) a complete file where these textures are overlayed so that you can see for yourself .

John Glanville

Thanks for the quick reply and result but I was hoping atleast to hear why this person uploaded this livery in the first place as it is already included in the product - let alone the way it was " packaged ".

I contacted DetCord ( who is the co-authour of these American liveries ) but due to the time difference have only just received his reply . As he is no longer a member here he has asked me to remind everyone that these liveries were made with the permission of American Airlines regarding logo's , colours etc. and under a strict NDA - so anyone altering or uploading them without permission could find themselves facing some legal issues - these are DetCord's words - and I believe that he is referring to American themselves regarding any such legal action .

John Glanville

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, John Glanville said:

Thanks for the quick reply and result but I was hoping atleast to hear why this person uploaded this livery in the first place as it is already included in the product - let alone the way it was " packaged ".

Hi John, maybe he is man enough to show up here and explain his doing. This topic will stay open for him.

Archived