Thrust Levers

Juergen2

Hi,

I installed the A318/319 Professional into P3Dv4.3.29 and have the following issue:

If I advance the thrust levers, they will NOT return to full idle anymore. I need to use the F1 key (throttle cut) to get them to full idle. It makes taxiing kind of difficult.

I assigned a joystick key to activate reverse thrust and a joy key for idle thrust - when I deploy the thrust reverser with the joystick key and stow it with the joystick key, the thrust levers go to full idle position.

So the only time they will NOT go to full idle, is when I advance the throttle manually with my joystick throttle. I use a Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller with WIN10 & P3Dv4.

I also use the Aerosoft A318 - A321 in FSX-SE and don't have that problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Juergen Mader

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi,

I installed the A318/319 Professional into P3Dv4.3.29 and have the following issue:

If I advance the thrust levers, they will NOT return to full idle anymore. I need to use the F1 key (throttle cut) to get them to full idle. It makes taxiing kind of difficult.

I assigned a joystick key to activate reverse thrust and a joy key for idle thrust - when I deploy the thrust reverser with the joystick key and stow it with the joystick key, the thrust levers go to full idle position.

So the only time they will NOT go to full idle, is when I advance the throttle manually with my joystick throttle. I use a Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller with WIN10 & P3Dv4.

I also use the Aerosoft A318 - A321 in FSX-SE and don't have that problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Juergen Mader

Juergen,

Did you set the number of thrust levers in the Configurator (be sure to run the Configurator as Admin)?

Are you using FSUIPC or P3D for control settings?

Hi Dave,

Here is another problem: WHERE IS THE CONFIGURATOR APPLICATION? I forgot to mention that in my previous post.

I can not find it in the windows start menu. Do you know where the executable file is located.

I am using P3D control.

Thanks

Juergen

Dave,

It's not there, so I assume the Windows Defender gobbelt it up. Is there a way to re-donwload theat particular file or do I need to uninstall/reinstall the A318/319?

Strange thing is, in quarantine is only 2 identical files: Tojan:Win32/Occamy.c and I don't think thats it?

Thanks

Juergen Mader

If computer security sees traits of a particular malware it will tell you what malware it fits to... so that's what you're seeing instead of the actual name of the file that was quarantined. You can dig a bit deeper to find the actual file name and remove it from quarantine.

The Configurator as well as all of the other software comes with the installer only, so there is no file I can provide to you.  If you can't find where it's quarantined then you can always reinstall (though I won't guaranty there won't be problems later).

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

I did a uninstall and reinstall and now have the Configurator running with Administrator rights.

set the number of Throttle Axis count to 1(one) - Saitek X52 Pro

load the A318 (external power ON) and observe the throttles:

move the throttle up OK;

move the throttle back to Idle - throttle remain between the H and R of "THR" - short of IDLE;

press F1 and the throttles return to idle detend;

I did a re calibration in P3Dv4 - same result;

The value for the Z Axis is shown as:   Full Throttle 0 (zero) and Idle 255 on the calibration bar?????

I am also running the Aerosoft A318/319/320/321 in FSX-SE and works fine there (same joystick);

Any idea(s)?

Thanks for help

Well,

I am not using the Saitek tools, configured tru FSX & P3D, however the drivers are from Saitek.

Strange that it works in every aircraft I own (PMDG 737/7747/777 - Aerosoft a318/319/320/321 - FSLabs a320 - TFDi B717 - Eaglesoft Citation X/Carenado TBM750/Kingair B350 aso.) It's even setup to use reverse thrust on the throttle lever with FSlLabs A320.

So I am not sure what you mean by your statement? What alternatives are there, so that they can be setup in a reasonable time and you don't have to be a software engineer?

Thanks for reply

I experience the same problem, also using a Saitek X52. I don't use FSUIPC or the Saitek Software for axis assignment or calibration.  Strangely, the small circle on the EPR display correctly shows that IDLE is selected, but thrust remains at about 1.1 EPR. Like Juergen has reported, i can also only get idle thrust by pressing F1. Taxiing on ground is only possible when continuously applying the brakes.

Furthermore, it seems that even autothrottle cannot trigger idle thrust, which caused a really slow descent far above the calculated descent path, even with speed brakes fully extended.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Mathijs,

I am NOT using FSUIPC.

Full Calibration: that's been done as # 1 troubleshooting item. (as per documentation "troubleshooting joystick).

I have P3D running on a separate drive with WIN10 (dual boot) so actually I am not certain that I even use the Saitek drivers. I believe P3D recognizes the joystick and I set it up with switches and axis assignment in P3D.

My previous post mentioning the Saitek tools/drivers was incorrect (I was thinking of FSX-SE).

Hi Mathijas,

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I uninstalled and re-installed the aircraft due to the configurator.exe missing.

So if the correct installation of files could be the issue, that should have been corrected with the second installation I guess?

OK, I moved the P3D.exe.cfg file from Program Files>Lockheed Martin>Prepar3Dv4 to my desktop. Started the simulator and again looked at the throttles, the same issue - not returning to idle, only with F1.

• Aerosoft

Okay, basically the cause is very simple (ignore the missing file idea). The value your stick provides for the idle position is higher than expected (and higher then for all the other people for whom it does work). There is very little we can actually do about this because if we increase the valid value range it will cause problems for all other users.

If you did a correct calibration your have reset the 000-1023 range and when the sim (we do not read the stick but the value the sim presents) provides an other (incorrect) value it means that either the stick is sending our weird data (spikes) or that there is something in your system that changes the value. There simply is no other option.

As per your request:

Asinput.ini:

[Common]
Logging=0
NullZone=0

[FlightControls]
Enable=1

[FADEC]

AxesCount=1
InvertAxes=1
Event1=AXIS_THROTTLE_SET

//AxesCount=2