Landing Configuration

cdog

I am having a little bit of an issue with getting fully configured with checklists and PM on. I get through the approach checklist. By this point I feel like it needs to start configuring to flaps 1 to start slowing but the PF never calls for it so I manually put flaps 1, etc and it throws off the remaining checklist. My questions - Is there a way to ask the PM for Flaps 1 early to start the final configuration or can you let me know when the PF should be calling for Flaps 1 to start configuring? I could just be missing something here.

Thanks

Cam

• Deputy Sheriffs

Currently I am on the road and have no access to the documentation but I know that the flaps are set by the copilot in the CL. Try again with the Copilot set to ON and you will see that sets the flaps as entered in the MCDU PERF TO Page...

Regards

Rolf 

On 8/22/2018 at 1:50 AM, cdog said:

I am having a little bit of an issue with getting fully configured with checklists and PM on. I get through the approach checklist. By this point I feel like it needs to start configuring to flaps 1 to start slowing but the PF never calls for it so I manually put flaps 1, etc and it throws off the remaining checklist. My questions - Is there a way to ask the PM for Flaps 1 early to start the final configuration or can you let me know when the PF should be calling for Flaps 1 to start configuring? I could just be missing something here.

Thanks

Cam

Hi Cam,

I always have the check list set at Captain ON and Co Pilot ON. Some times, I consider the flap let down too slow, but that could be because of my approach height, location or speed etc. I have had no issues with intervention by me, and often drop some flaps and the gear and the CL carries on great with the Co Pilot carrying out the remainder of the tasks. If the check List finds I have completed a task on the overhead Panel for example, they simply note the item as checked and maybe set. When I updated to the latest 1.10, I found several CL issues were resolved. 

Rolf doing a great job of getting the CL code a bit stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ged for the reply. I have done thee most recent update and it seems to have resolved my issues, although I do wish there was a way to start configuring the aircraft sooner if needed with checklist and co pilot on. I may give FS2Crew a try

• Deputy Sheriffs

Flaps are set to 1 if the speed is below "green dot". Pre condition for that is: Approach phase activated in MCDU. And prior before activation the Approach CL has to be finished. The rest of the landing configuration is done after passing 2000 feet RA e.g. after the ECAM landing memo comes up. This is the normal RL procedure and what we implemented. What I do not understand is why you want to configure the plane much earlier..... If you are too fast then use the speed brakes to reduce speed below green dot speed and not the flaps......

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse unlocked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived