CRJ VERSION 1.2 NO HOPE

Nobody enjoys reloading the operating system, but looking purely at the time involved sometimes it's the best thing to do!

Taking a shot in the dark here... before reinstalling the operating system, maybe uninstall all versions of .net (Dot Net) and then reinstall them?  If that doesn't work, then one can remove Windows Updates and then reinstall those (this resolved an issue I had on my system).  Of course all of this takes a little time, time that might be better spent on reinstalling the operating system - which is what I too would recommend if the removal and reinstall of .net and Windows Updates didn't resolve things.

23 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

If the FSL 319 is running smoothly for him, I’d have to assume that his overall FS system is well-optimized. 

Yikes! It's the Aerosoft 319, part of the Professional series. I bought all four of the planes but only the 318 and 319 have been released. Sorry about the confusion.

As far as the FPS goes I use P3D to limit the FPS to 30. When I do fly with any Shift-Z info showing I'm pretty consistent in the 27.x - 30 range. Sim is smooth with only an occasional pause as I approach some 3rd party airport scenery (Flightbeam KMSP). And when I fly/test the CRJ I keep things to a minimum. P3D, TrackIR5 and CH yoke. Fair weather during the day. Vanilla.

Thought I was onto something yesterday when I realized I was completely overlooking FSUIPC. I have a registered version 5.1.3.2 but only use it to calibrate the CH yoke axes and nothing else. Any fsuipc.ini file created has default values except for the yoke calibration section. Let FSUIPC make a new .ini file and compared to the old one. New .ini file had two things not listed in the old one, both in the [General] section.

RestoreSimcWindows=No

Console=No

Makes no sense to me but maybe to someone else.

CRJ v1.2.2.0. Flew the KCHA HCH VXV KTRI flightplan including the ILS05 approach perfectly. Turn from HCH to VXV was still uncoordinated and awkward but the AP got the job done. LOC and GS worked but I've never had a problem with them.

Before I got excited I tried another flightplan: KORF Rwy23 - KCLT Rwy18C. Fair weather, daytime, no ATIS, FL260. No waypoints, leave KORF and immediately get on STAR CHSLY3.COUPN to ILS18C via JEDKO. Lots and lots of waypoints. I ignored the altitude and speed restrictions and did a constant descent from TOD to JEDKO @ 8000ft. CRJ flew things correctly until KRISS became active leg and it continued to fly straight ahead. I disconnected the AP and turned to intercept the flightplan but the flight path on the PFD kept turning ahead of me. It was like the PFD turned into an automatic direction finder that kept pointing to the KRISS waypoint location. I was not able to intercept and did a Dir To JEDKO. Intercepted the LOC and landed. 18C doesn't have a GS. Flew that same flightplan today under the same conditions with the same result. As soon as KRISS becomes active the AP goes spastic.

Going to try this with the v1.2.2.1 ascrj.dll but I am not confident that will matter.

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well where you leave I will take over, lol. if the OS is not correct, the sim might misbehave and the add-on might misbehave. These days sim add-ons use many parts of the OS. From network functions to Direct X things. If any of these are not correct the add-on might not do what we think it will do.  If a user is unwilling to take our advise that the cause of the problem can be in the OS that's fine. But it also means we might not be able to offer support. With the A318/A319 we have had some users who had issue we were utterly unable to understand. Six of them formatted the disk, installed Win 10, P3d V4.3 and the add-on and had the issue solved. 

Burt again if the user insists the OS HAS to be correct, what can we do? Who are we to say it is not? We can only say that the issue has never been seen on a system we KNOW is 100% correct.

The real interesting story here is that I don't have a problem with the A319 Pro. Don't think I've ever flown the A318 yet but the A319 ... no problem. Well maybe the checklist occasionally gets hung up during the Start Pushback, but navigation is not an issue. FD and AP are not giving erroneous prompts or readings. It flies from here to there following a flightplan, altitude, speed. So according to your definition of not having issues my computer must be OK. I'll not call it 100% cuz statements like that have a tendency to come back and bite you.

CRJ is a different story. Just because you're "unable to understand" my issue does not mean the onus for support is on me. If I was having problems with other aircraft, scenery, or P3D itself I'd be the first to consider a reinstall. But I'm not. If I stay away from the CRJ I don't give myself headaches and actually enjoy flight simming.

Hi

Sorry for the stupid question, but as my time I have for Flightsim is very limited, I sometimes miss a lot of news.

I'm still on an old version 1.0.6 but wanted to update it now.

So my Installer which I can download is 1.2.0 and as I understood, everything newer I have to update via the updater which comes with this version(?) Now I read that the newer version 1.2.2.1 is more buggy than the previous 1.2.2.0(?).

Can I download version 1.2.0 and then only update to version 1.2.2.0 instead of 1.2.2.1 or will automatically the newest version be installed?

Kind Regards

Patrick

22 minutes ago, Swisspilot said:

Hi

Sorry for the stupid question, but as my time I have for Flightsim is very limited, I sometimes miss a lot of news.

I'm still on an old version 1.0.6 but wanted to update it now.

So my Installer which I can download is 1.2.0 and as I understood, everything newer I have to update via the updater which comes with this version(?) Now I read that the newer version 1.2.2.1 is more buggy than the previous 1.2.2.0(?).

Can I download version 1.2.0 and then only update to version 1.2.2.0 instead of 1.2.2.1 or will automatically the newest version be installed?

Kind Regards

Patrick

Unless you check the box for “experimental updates” in the updater, you will get version 1.2.2.0. If you do check the experimental updates box, you will get 1.2.2.1

Be advised that there is a known bug in 1.2.2.0 that will cause the pressurization system to fail in flight if you try to land or depart from a high-altitude airport like Denver. 1.2.2.1 was issued to correct that bug. Other than that, there is no difference.

There is one user who has been having many problems with 1.2.2.1, but I don’t think this is happening to many other customers. I have now logged over 100 hours in 1.2.2.1, (in P3D 4.3) and have had no problems whatsoever.

I don’t know if you are running FSX or P3D. Some FSX users have had issues with the aircraft or the “Dave” EFB not loading properly with the 1.2 series. I don’t know if that has been resolved.

If you are running P3D V4, you must have version 4.3 to run the latest CRJ update.

In any case, before updating to the 1.2 series in either FSX or P3D, (using the full installer), it is very important to fully uninstall the 1.0.0.6 version first using the Windows control panel. The uninstaller leaves one folder behind that I would recommend removing manually. It will be a folder called “Digital Aviation CRJ” found under the “Aerosoft” folder in “My Documents”

Also, don’t try to use any saved flights or panel states created in 1.0.0.6.

Once you run the main 1.2.0.0 installer, you will then have the Aerosoft Updater, which will allow you to do an in-place update to 1.2.2.0 or 1.2.2.1 (with experimental updates checked).

" CRJ flew things correctly until KRISS became active leg and it continued to fly straight ahead. I disconnected the AP and turned to intercept the flightplan but the flight path on the PFD kept turning ahead of me. It was like the PFD turned into an automatic direction finder that kept pointing to the KRISS waypoint location. I was not able to intercept and did a Dir To JEDKO"

This is exactly what happens to me when i fly the plane,like you it is 50/50 as to whether the plane will follow a flightplan. Same as you plane heads straight on after passing a waypoint with the PFD pointing to the next waypoint like a direction finder, the FD showing a turn but the plane not turning, only solution is a direct to to get plane back on track. Have tested using the KUDIS1Y from 24 at EHAM. Funnily enough before the update the plane used to fail at the first waypoint of this SID now it fails at the second, so some improvement! However there is no rhyme or reason as to when the plane will stop following a flightplan making it virtually unusable flying online. Such a shame as it such nice plane to fly!!

Only common denominator is the GTX1070, i have the i7-7700k win10 all up to date latest drivers etc. and all my other planes,fslabs pmdg,feelthere majestic fly just fine.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:52 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

But please keep posting. I'm still watching this thread in order to find out what's wrong.

I've spent the last week doing a complete reinstall. New NET Frameworks and C++ Redistributibles. Fresh install of P3Dv4.3, FSUIPC v5.14, ASCRJ v1.2.0.0 updated to v1.2.2.0, TrackIR5 and CH yoke. Everything newly downloaded, only place I cheated was the "standard.xml" with the button and switch mappings for the CH yoke. No other aircraft, scenery, uttilities installed.

KCHA Rwy02 HCH VXV HOSEM KTRI(ILS05) completed with the FD and AP working properly. Right turn after crossing HCH was better, but still awkward and uncoordinated. ILS guidance wasn't and has never been an issue.

KORF Rwy23 - KCLT Rwy36C. Fair weather, daytime, no ATIS, FL260. No waypoints, leave KORF and immediately get on STAR CHSLY3.COUPN to ILS36C. Same issues as in previous flight. As soon as KRISS becomes the active waypoint the AP goes berserk. PFD course indicator turns into an ADF and becomes impossible to track towards. Hand flew to intercept ILS36C and engaged the AP. Plane intercepted the LOC and followed GS to runway.

Installed some planes.

Same route in Aerosoft Airbus A319 - no problems.

Same route in Flight1 Mustang v2 (brand new) - no problems

The only thing this re-installation has shown me is how incredibly easy it is to re-install planes, airports and other packages using the "addon.xml" method. Other than that ...

• 1 month later...
  • Developer
vor 15 Stunden , juju666 sagte:

after fsuipc (latest steam update fsx:se) uninstalled everything works normal

Can you tell me which features or settings you used in FSUIPC? I don't know how it could influence the NAV tracking to be honest, but I'll definitely give it a try.

Archived