Engine pylons

Hi first I want to congratulate you on the recent release of the a318-19 professional series. I love everything about this aircraft and she is such a joy to fly. With all of that being said this is probably going to sound very petty but I noticed this issue back in the 32 bit series and hoped that it would be fixed in the new professional series. This issue is that the engine pylon on the real airbuses is loner and doesn’t drop straight down like the airbus professional. I’ve posted two pictures below to show the difference between the real life thing. Again i don’t want to sound petty but I think this would be a great upgrade to the aircraft. 

Thanks again for the beauty , Cale 

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What you observe is a problem of the viewing angle.

But if the external is redone, the pylons will be replaced by more modern versions. The CFM pylon was changed by airbus at ~msn3500.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Even if there might be a very small difference, the model won’t be redone now. Reason is very obvious: all existing textures (>2000) would be incompatible.

Please do such comparisions only under fulfilment pf some important criteria:

1. Either you bring on detailed blueprints from the manufacturer and we check what looks different with ours and of course correct this.

2. Find exact the same camera position, distance to the object, zoom angle and lighting conditions.

Then and ONLY then also a realistic comparision is possible.

Anything other is only a personal "a taste".

Note that however like Masterhawk told, on newer Airbusses there exist redesigned pylons which differ in their looks compared to the former ones. Those aircraft

undergo continous alterations through their flying period to survive even longer on the market, which changes techologically rather fast those days.

When we do an overwork of the models in future, we will take care of that situation.

Archived