PBY Catalina Mixture Control

danewatson

Just purchased and installed this great old bird for my P3D v4.3.

I am learning that this aircraft needs continual watching of instruments especially CHT and Oul Temperatures otherwise - engine failure.

The one issue I have so far us that the Mixture Control levers do not function with my normal mixture controllers setup through FSUIPC on my joystick buttons as do all if my other aircraft.

How can I map this aircraft mixture controls through my FSUIPC current setup?

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not behind my system but did this model not use a semi automatic system?

Good question Mathijs. This evening I will further review the possibility of semi automatic system. I may have overlooked this. Will report back.

Well Mathijs, I did check this out. You are correct there are two auto mixture settings on the levers - one for Lean and one for Max. However there are also times when you need to manually move levers either to Max or ICO.

So my original question I believe is a valid one - why can't I operate the mixture levers via my FSUIPC settings for my joystick buttons rather than using the mouse? The aircraft model allows me to set my prop pitch control via my joystick buttons.

Thanks Mathijs.

OK I have now flown this aircraft on a couple successful flights and I must say you do need to be very attentive to gauges, etc which is all very good.

However what I still do not understand is - why are you not able to control the mixture levers with your joystick (not FSUIPC) as can be done with all other aircraft?

You can control the prop pitch levers but not the mixture levers - I just don't understand that.

Could you try to help me understand this please.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:09 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I have no idea how to use FSUIPC for that, sorry.

Hi Mathijs,

I just wanted to let you know as well as others if they want the same fix as I did, that I am now able to control the Mixture Levers via my joystick buttons (instead of using the mouse) by using the Mouse Macro function found in the FSUIPC application.

It works very well.

Archived