Missing engine shut down sound?

Meyerflyer

Hello,

when I shut the engines down after a flight, the engine sound disappears within one second. I cannot hear the engines spool down. Is the sound missing? Even in the Airbus extended version there was a spool down sound which is seriously needed for realism and immersion.

Regards, Julian

• 3 weeks later...
vor 18 Minuten, anthropos sagte:

Hi guys

i have the same issue. Its quite wierd to swich off the engines and in less than a second everything silent. 

Any toughts?

brgs

Nuno

Hello,

did you update to 1.1.0.1 (experimental)? I noticed the shutdown sound was there after the update.

At least it was there one time. The sound was there upon engine shutdown on my first flight after the update, but I had the silence on the second flight again. So the fix seemed to work only once...

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
vor 3 Minuten, BEL46M sagte:

Same problem here with the A319 CFM v1.31 on P3D v3.4

Please do not hijack others topics regarding a totally different product.

vor 9 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Please do not hijack others topics regarding a totally different product.

Btw. when will this issue be solved? For me, it is an essencial thing that the engines spool down after shutting them down. This should be fixed with an experimental update. So, are you working on this bug?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem is that it is not really replicable. I did a lot flights in the last weeks with the different variants and never had this issue, so others. Therefore it is hard to serch for a possible cause. But it is still being watched.

That's strange. I did have the sound only one single time after updating to 1.1.0.1 and then never again after 20-30 flights. Every single flight ends with a little disappointment when shutting down the engines after parking and the engine sound disappears instantly. :(

• Deputy Sheriffs

One of our testers will it check again. he experienced it too sometimes and had the feeling that it came up when GSX was doing soemthing parallel/in background.

But when looking at the post from the other guy where it happened under P3Dv3 it might also be a P3D problem, as it is the old and very "different" Airbus, where this never was a issue under FSX.

Also I remember reading something similar quite a while ago in another forum where a user had similar problems with a PMDG aircraft.. It turned out to be a settings issue in Windows rergarding the audio hardware.

Ok but please don't take this as excuse to not giving your best to solve this issue. I'm working in the IT and I know there is always at least a "quick and dirty" solution for some issues.

14 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Ok but please don't take this as excuse to not giving your best to solve this issue. I'm working in the IT and I know there is always at least a "quick and dirty" solution for some issues. 

Then you know best that a quick a dirty fix has nothing to do with giving your best ;)

One solution (long term) would be to move these sounds (engine start and shutdown) out of the sim sound system. This would solve the issues that default system has, including the engine start-stop-start sound issue at startup. PMDG and other developers started doing it time ago, don’t know why, but sure it avoids weird sound behaviors like these.

Vor 1 Stunde, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Then you know best that a quick a dirty fix has nothing to do with giving your best ;)

That was meant in case, giving your best doesn't help and not saying "sorry, we can't fix this, but we tried".

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, Joan Alonso said:

One solution (long term) would be to move these sounds (engine start and shutdown) out of the sim sound system. This would solve the issues that default system has, including the engine start-stop-start sound issue at startup. PMDG and other developers started doing it time ago, don’t know why, but sure it avoids weird sound behaviors like these.

Yes but on the PMDG that leads to a pause between the standard engine sound and the shutdown sound. on two of my three machines. I'll have a look at this again next week. There has to be a reason why the issue is system related and when we find that we probably can solve it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived