Maybe overkill, but...

... I decided to go for it anyway and wanted to know if someone has a similar setup or comments on this one:

The PC is a Acer Predator Orion 9000 (i7-8700k) with 32GB RAM 2400MHz DDR4 and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

it has a SSD/HD combo of 256GB/1TB, but I decided to add a Samsung SSD 970 Evo NVMe with 2 TB as my main drive for flightsimming.

I know that the 1080 TI might be too much, as I intend to run the sim at 1920x1080, but hey, as I keep my systems for 3-4 years, this might change and there is still headroom then, I think.

And the SSD will probably not speed up the sim compared to an SATA SSD, but maybe the load times (and hopefully the texture loading during flight).

I hope to get decent frames out of this, I will be happy with stable 20fps on the ground at large airports and 30fps during flight with the more complex planes.

Comments? Apart maybe from the fact that I am burning some money with that (because: I know)?

I think go for it.  As you say you will be future proofing with the 1080 Ti, so I don't think it's too much.  I was also looking at getting a system very similar recently, but have decided to hold out for a bit longer with my current system.

Cheers,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Guess you are talking about P3D, yes a highend graphiccard with a lot of memory makes much sense. Especially when LM introduces with one of the next versions PBR.

Archived