Unable to trim the aircraft

James attwood

Dear Sir or Madame.

I am unable to trim the aircraft using the trim switch on my Sataik pro control column. I get no intermediate setting, just full up or down trim. I am, however, able to set the trim using the mouse. Question, what have I done wrong? and what do I need to do, to correct the problem.

Please reply to jamesattwood59_67@yahoo.co.uk.

Many Thanks

James Attwood

Hi Folks

Same with me, trim is possible with the Saitek on the ground in very big steps like 0,7-0,9er steps with each touch. With mouse everything is ok.

And in flight there´s no way to trim the aircraft - trim don´t react...

Greets Bob

5 hours ago, lacsa01 said:

Hi Folks

Same with me, trim is possible with the Saitek on the ground in very big steps like 0,7-0,9er steps with each touch. With mouse everything is ok.

And in flight there´s no way to trim the aircraft - trim don´t react...

Greets Bob

I have found this to happen after the last update. Using my yoke trim switch makes big jumps, have to use mouse wheel for now.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no need to trim in flight. The airbus has auto trim.

Next, there is only the trim wheel in the real aircraft, no buttons. To use the mouse wheel is the most realistic solution.

hi masterhawk,

thanks for your reply. Yes I know that there´s no need to trim in the airbus - at normaly circumstances.

But what if I want to fly this aircraft completely manualy?  no matter if I want to do a large approach completely by hand or for example doing some turns over an event like the Harbour-Day in Hamburg where all the airbus making turns over the harbor in an altitude of 1000 feet - so I want to fly the aircraft completely by hand and that´s when I need to trim the aircarft manualy ....????

If anyone knows why I can´t do that why the aircraft is blocking the trim althought  AP ist not engaged?

Thanks a lot and best wishes and greets

Bob

16 minutes ago, lacsa01 said:

But what if I want to fly this aircraft completely manualy? 

You still have auto trim function all the time AP on or flying manually in NORMAL ( simulated by aerosoft ) and ALTERNATE law .( not simulated )

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why do you want to trim an aircraft that is „trimmed out“ all the time by itself?

Like Masterhawk said, the Airbus has autotrim, this has nothing to do with the AutoPilot. The Airbus does not let you trim yourself when inflight with all systems functioning. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived