Setting up a new call sign

GaryMcCl

Hi

I've just bought a new machine and I'm trying to complete setting up all of the software for my flight sim on here. The question I have here is why, when I select my A319, it does not allow me, only on my new machine, to set 'Speed Bird' for the call sign? It is not in the list. It is set to BritishAirways, and I was always under the impression that those call signs were 'Speed Bird'?  Is there a file I can enter these details into?

Just to note that I also use Untimate Traffic Live - so despite my Airbus being able to have only the callsigns that come from the box in P3D (plus BRITISHAIRWAYS), on my previous machine I was able to select from hundreds of call signs... I don't know if that is important or not.

Thanks, Gaz

Sure, easy to do I tihnk.  Open your aircraft.cfg file which is located at: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318 CFM Professional, and change "atc_airline = British Airways"  to "atc_airline=SPEEDBIRD" and you should be all set.

Best wishes.

Thanks Dave.

Actually, if my memory serves me right, it has to be entered with a space, so "SPEED BIRD", but I'll check it out and get back to you.

Gaz

1 minute ago, GaryMcCl said:

Thanks Dave.

Actually, if my memory serves me right, it has to be entered with a space, so "SPEED BIRD", but I'll check it out and get back to you.

Gaz

PMDG uses "SPEEDBIRD" in their config, so I'm pretty sure it works like that... but I'd love to hear if it's not.

Archived