Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

ahs320

NAV-to-NAV transfer prohibits manual NAV input

Hello,

I just downloaded the version 1.2.0.0 with the new NAV-to-NAV transfer function that automatically tunes the ILS frequency to NAV1 and NAV2 during approach. Unfortunately when this happens I am no longer able to manually tune NAV1 and/or Nav2. I tried it via the RADIO page of the FMS and via RTU. The RADIO page on FMS switches from "auto" to "man" but the frequency immediately switches back to the ILS frequency.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Arne

I'm sorry, but that's how NAV-to-NAV transfer works. The question is: why would you want to tune anything manually if you use the FMS to approach a certain runway?

If I understand you right then I would not change the frequency if I get from ATC (Vatsim) a "swing over"  from maybe Rwy25R to Rwy25C instead I would change the Rwy in FMS?

Wolfgang

Yes, I think that's what you would have to do.

I'll look into it. May be I can change the way it works so that it only changes the frequency once and doesn't perform any further checks.

I need it to change the ILS frequency if the one of the AIRAC does not match with the one of the scenery or to tune a different NAV2 for go around procedure or to set the DME HOLD for a DME if the ILS is without DME.

There's no way to find out if AIRAC matches scenery or not (except finding, opening and pretty much decompiling the scenery BGL files - But that would take so much CPU time that the framerate would drop from frames per second to seconds per frame. It's the reason why this isn't easy.

I found a solution to allow manual tuning after Nav-to-Nav has been activated. It's going to be available with the next update.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.