AES 1.92...

altstiff

• Developer

Ok,

now after the patch for the double stair is out, let me try to discuss your "problem":

1.) When you place your Aircraft by using the FS Airport menu, the location of the aircraft is only controlled by the loaded AFCAD. AES did only place your Aircraft to the AES internal stored location (based on the original + some more Positions AFCAD), when you open the AES Position Menu and press F8.

So, all your missplacements posted here have nothing to do with AES. As you see on the pictures, the Safegates at the wall are correct inline of the positon (yellow line) which is used for AES. So, when you stop your aircraft based on the signs on the safegate, you will park correct.

AES allways try to reach the doors of the aircraft, even when he is not parked correct.

2.) When you move your Aircraft in Slew mode, AES will not register this move as long as you don't lift up the aircraft some Centimeter. When you move in SLEW mode with Parkbrakes set and engines off, AES will see the aircraft as park as far as you enter the Area of the position. So it is possible, that the Stairs and Jetways don't fit correct.

In this case, open the AES Position Menu AFTER you switch back to normal Flightmode (leave the SLEW Mode) and press F7 to reset the position. In this case, AES will relocate the Aircraft and should fit correct.

3.) Never mix versions. Run the installer again, when you mean that he is not correct installed. You have no benefit from deinstall, because the installer will allways overwrite all files. Only on Vista, there could be a problem with usermanagment and virtual directory while installation. But in this case, you normally get error messages about incompatible version.

Ok,

1.) When you place your Aircraft by using the FS Airport menu, the location of the aircraft is only controlled by the loaded AFCAD. AES did only place your Aircraft to the AES internal stored location (based on the original + some more Positions AFCAD), when you open the AES Position Menu and press F8.

But if I press F8 the aircraft goes to a position which is not the one I have in the afcad. It is a position maybe some metres to the right or to the left. Anyway, with 1.91 everything was good.

So, all your missplacements posted here have nothing to do with AES. As you see on the pictures, the Safegates at the wall are correct inline of the positon (yellow line) which is used for AES. So, when you stop your aircraft based on the signs on the safegate, you will park correct.

AES allways try to reach the doors of the aircraft, even when he is not parked correct.

2.) When you move your Aircraft in Slew mode, AES will not register this move as long as you don't lift up the aircraft some Centimeter. When you move in SLEW mode with Parkbrakes set and engines off, AES will see the aircraft as park as far as you enter the Area of the position. So it is possible, that the Stairs and Jetways don't fit correct.

In this case, open the AES Position Menu AFTER you switch back to normal Flightmode (leave the SLEW Mode) and press F7 to reset the position. In this case, AES will relocate the Aircraft and should fit correct.

Sorry, but with or without the slew mode I didn´t have such a problem with previous versions. When I load the position directly from the FS airport menu without any slew mode or any other movement, bridges, stairs and so on don´t fit correct...

3.) Never mix versions. Run the installer again, when you mean that he is not correct installed. You have no benefit from deinstall, because the installer will allways overwrite all files. Only on Vista, there could be a problem with usermanagment and virtual directory while installation. But in this case, you normally get error messages about incompatible version.

Sorry, but this version is creating me lots of problems that I didn´t have before, so something is happening...

harpsi

Hi

Sorry. Definitely not. This behaviour never happened before. And all the stairs are too far away from the aircraft as well as misaligned with the doors. I think that maybe AES doesn´t control the intelliscene files. It seems that they are not there... I run the installer again and in a simple airport like EDDG, everything is a mess now with this version...

Just look at the pictures to see where are the cars, trucks and stairs... and that´s the result after pressing F8.

I didn´t try more bridges because the result would be very bad...

There is only one thing that I can ask and it could come from this problem. I renamed some of my afcads. For example, the original name of faro was LTU2004_LPFR.bgl and now I renamed it to AF2_LPFR.bgl, but before the instalation of AES 1.92. Is this a problem? Can it change something?

harpsi

Hi

I tried Faro again. Position 14. I always got the bridge and the cars at the good position. Now everything is wrong and I saw that the intelliscene file is exactly the same. The procedure was: opening FS2004, loading position 14 at Faro, and after the simulator is running you just need to put the parking brakes. The bridge will move towards the aircraft as well as cars and stairs. Movements were perfect with version 1.91 and previous ones. Movements are now completely wrong after version 1.92. Even after pressing the F7 or the F8 nothing helps. For example position two has 2 bridges. Til now the back bridge was moving like it should be. After 1.92, it´s now the front bridge which is moving to less than half of the distance. Something is definitely wrong here. I hope that you fix this... If you can´t fix it you should find a way to go back to the previous version which was perfect or to uninstall everything and install it from the beginning like a new person which doesn´t have AES, adding all 4 codes one by one which is something that I couldn´t do. I uninstalled everything but what strange: the codes were already there and I didn´t need to put them like if it would be the first time. I am almost sure that the problem comes from one of the new files in the folder aerosoftAESscenery directory.

harpsi

• Developer

Hi,

that the credits and assignments are back, even when you deinstall AES is normal and has no effect related to this problem.

Can you please make a Picture of the Airbus of your last Photo, where you have AEShelp loaded and the parameter page oben, so that I can see the green and yellow boxes at the correct position.

Which Operationsystem you have XP or Vista?

hi again

Windows xp with service pack 2

try one thing as well: I can not revert the scenery files anymore. You can make a zip file with the first 10 files on that folder, the ones which begin with AES_L0000v1.bgl and so on.

I have seen another thing. I didn´t touch any intelliscene files. However they are now totally diferent than the ones I configured myself without touching anything. I will try A321 to see if it happens in the same way.

Just a moment

harpsi

Ok, I tried the A319at Faro and it works. So, there might be a possibility that 1.92 changed my intelliscene files in some way for the A320. Why like this? I don´t know. But yesterday without changing any files and before installing version 1.92 everything was working well. I will just go to some airports with the 319 and 321. I will post pictures if necessary. Just a moment.

harpsi

• Developer
try one thing as well: I can not revert the scenery files anymore. You can make a zip file with the first 10 files on that folder, the ones which begin with AES_L0000v1.bgl and so on.

What did you mean with "revert the scenery files"?

• Developer
Ok, I tried the A319at Faro and it works. So, there might be a possibility that 1.92 changed my intelliscene files in some way for the A320. Why like this? I don´t know. But yesterday without changing any files and before installing version 1.92 everything was working well. I will just go to some airports with the 319 and 321. I will post pictures if necessary. Just a moment.

harpsi

No, I don't see that. AES will only try to write the defaults if it find a Aircraft he knows, where no Intelliscene.cfg is in. When he find one, he allways read this only.

Can you check the modify date of the files before you save the new settings, so that we can see if it changed after or before AES 1.92 was installed.

Hi

I already changed the values. The intelliscene.cfg file from the aircraft which belongs to the "default flight" was changed. Before the instalation 1.92 it was the same as other aircrafts of the same family. After the instalation this one changed. Strange...

Now, I already have the file changed and it seems to work. Let me try more airports to see if I am right.

harpsi

Hi Oliver

I checked everything and now AES works fine :D

However at Zürich airport, there are some issues that must be corrected. Of course I have my afcad in use but these places I will mention have wrong places where the aircrafts are not parking over the yellow marks, even with the original afcad you have received from the team:

- right side of D06

- left side of G03

- left side of G05

- between T50 and T51

- left side of T53

- between W1 and W2

- left side of W4

These are the places where there are no yellow marks but the aircraft must stay there, in order to have the stairs connected to the plane.

With my afcad and without these issues corrected there are still 69 places available to park which is much more than enough for every user. I think nothing needs to be added in terms of parking places. They are available in every terminal. ;)

harpsi

• Developer

Ok,

there are some small uncritical deltas (small feets), now you start to search for the hair in the soup. When you remove the unneeded points on a the straight pathes (without connections) in your Afcad, I will will correct this little offset. :?

Hi

Maybe you don´t need to use my afcad.

If you use the original one you will see those problems probably.

My afcad has other parking positions at terminal A as well as in some aprons, so keep those places for now maybe, because more people will be happy with a terminal A full of places...

The best approach to you use my afcad is related to terminal A and terminal E. If you work both gates at the same bridge, for example (yellow continued marks and yellow discontinued marks on the ground) then it makes sense to use my afcad. :)

About the "big" amount of blue nodes in straight taxiways, I will explain: if you are at EGLL from simwings just for example, there are a lot of aircrafts always waiting for take off. I saw that a lot of aircraft heads were making colisions with the backs of the aircrafts immediately before. I added a lot of nodes in all the enter places which are conducting aircrafts to runways 27 L and 9 R, et voilá... it worked... Aircrafts are now having some distance from eachother. Maybe this is something strange or even wrong, but it was the only way to work it out. In fact it is much better now. That´s what I did with Zurich, in those places near terminal A before crossing runway 28, for the planes which are taxiinig to runway 16. In the morning I have sometimes 12 aircrafts at the taxiway waiting to cross, if the amount of landings at runway 28 is too high. That´s why I also made runway 28 shorter, in order to have landings from small jets and not from every aircraft. I already explained this in the FSdreamteam forum...

harpsi

• Developer

Ok,

if you have no points on a long line, that aircraft will increase the speed to the maximum taxi speed. If you use tools to increase the max speed, it could happen, that the aircraft is to fast to stop before he reach the aircraft in front. But therefor you don't need points every 10 meter to reduce the speed.

But keep in mind: For each calculation of a taximovement of any aircraft, the FS needs to run a pathfinding routine which will calculate ever Path (line between point) and he needs to keep this path in memory.

Ok, will not costs 100erd of frames, but it will need time. So for EGLL this will go in frames maybe.

Ok,

if you have no points on a long line, that aircraft will increase the speed to the maximum taxi speed. If you use tools to increase the max speed, it could happen, that the aircraft is too fast to stop before he reach the aircraft in front. But therefor you don't need points every 10 meter to reduce the speed.

But keep in mind: For each calculation of a taximovement of any aircraft, the FS needs to run a pathfinding routine which will calculate ever Path (line between point) and he needs to keep this path in memory.

Ok, will not costs 100erd of frames, but it will need time. So for EGLL this will go in frames maybe.

Well. I already tried both ways and I don´t see any frame decrease. Anyway I don´t use the taxi speed AI tool because it always gives me run time error. The tool can not find the path of FS2004. I have a tool from Ken Salter which is called FS9 configurator. I can easily set the AI speed.

Of course I accept that maybe some users will notice that and since I am making an afcad for a lot of people and not just for me... I have to know that. But believe me: a very good part of the machines from these people who buy this kind of sceneries are much better than mine and I get 25 to 30 frames in this kind of sceneries or even more. :lol:

Well. Feel free to do some corrections with the original afcad because mine already has a lot of parkings, maybe not the best ones in the simulator, but maybe more used in real life at this moment. I will try to find out what to do, at least for all the other users. :)

harpsi

P.S:: At this moment I have 16 aircrafts taxiing to runway 16, one after each other. They occupy all taxiway paralell to the runway, from the beginning almost to the end which is near stand B39. It is a long queue... :D