Simstarter NG installation problems.

rymrks

Hi, I normally like to try and sort out any issues I have with any aspect of my P3d v4.3 simulator by referring to the forums along with trial and error. However this problem is alluding all my attempts at trying to rectify my issues.

1) The problems I have been getting stem from the P3D v4.3 update. I can open the simulator to the scenario screen, without using Simstarter NG. P3D v4.3 then appears to run as it should.

2) When I then try to open the simulator using Simstarter NG P3D v4.3 it opens to the P3D splash screen and then immediately closes again the splash screen, yet P3D v4.3 is still running as can be seen in the Windows 10 Task Manager.

3) From this point on I am unable to open P3D V4.3 without it opening to the P3D splash screen and then immediately closing again the splash screen.

4) I have downloaded the latest version of Simstarter NG to see if this would fix the problems I am having but now all I see is the Select Platform window with no simulator title appearing that I can select.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, thank you.

Regards

Roy

Update. Just after I posted my topic above I had notification from Simmarket of an update to Simstarter NG. I have now been able to select my simulator and Simstarter is running again, however I still have this issue yet to resolve.

When I then try to open the simulator using Simstarter NG, P3D v4.3 opens to the P3D splash screen and then immediately closes again the splash screen, yet P3D v4.3 is still running as can be seen in the Windows 10 Task Manager.

Roy

Solved. 

When I then try to open the simulator using Simstarter NG, P3D v4.3 opens to the P3D splash screen and then immediately closes again the splash screen, yet P3D v4.3 is still running as can be seen in the Windows 10 Task Manager.

Solution

All other profiles in Simstarter NG opened P3D V4.3 as normal. Overwrote offending profile with another identical profile (just a different aircraft selected), changed back to the aircraft required and all now works as it should. Somehow the profile must have got corrupted, I hope this may help others with similar problems.

Regards

Roy 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for your report.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived