Wind Request Returns No Value

wsciutti

Hello again Aerosoft Team.

When I request the climb, etc winds per the section 5.4, nothing appears when using P3D weather.

Is this normal now?

Thanks.

Jack

Well, the sim is ON by default, but still no weather. Could this be a sim connect issue?

Also, while you are here, 'push back': press the '1' key. Exactly which '1'' key. I checked key mappings and nothing uses the 1 key.

Jack

55 minutes ago, wsciutti said:

Well, the sim is ON by default, but still no weather. Could this be a sim connect issue?

I suppose it's possible.  Re-installing SimConnect is very easy/fast, and if you haven't you might as well install the legacy SimConnect versions as well.  If you're not famililar, you can find them all in "redist" folder of your P3D main folder.

Are you running version 1.1.0.0 of the Airbus?

When you installed P3DV4, did you perform a full/clean install of 4.3?

I suppose I should also check (just to cover the bases) if you turned the WXR switch to 1?

There is a thread (below) that may be of use (please let me know if it is?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The setting “sim weather” in the options mcdu is only for the AOC weather ATIS messages.

The uplink weather for the fpln is loaded from the corresponding *.wx file in [fs root]\PMDG\WX or from a file generated by Active Sky.

Yes , I have a clean install of both the bus and P3d v4.3. I know it's important info for the fmc, having said that, I can still enjoy the bird. Today I will start from scratch with the test scenario, than move to the a319, I think a different version or the 318. The coding may be slightly different.

So, a fresh beginning.

Thanks again,

Jack PS What or where is the 'key 1'. I've never been able to make that work.

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 hours ago, wsciutti said:

Jack PS What or where is the 'key 1'. I've never been able to make that work.

I think you are talking about the checklist info bar?

Just press the 1 key on your keyboard.

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, Flavio1 said:

My weather engine is FSXWX and I have the same problem ... no value.

Is FSXWX compatible with MCDU?

As already posted, the CLB, CRZ and DES winds are read from a *.wx file or active sky. If your fsxwx is able to create a *.wx file for your flightplan, it will work. Else you have to use another tool like simbrief or pfpx to create the .wx file.

For uplink-wind active sky support was chosen, as it is the most used weather engine. As fallback for all other the common standard of PMDGs .wx was chosen, instead of introducing another one. It is impossible to create direct support for all weather engines out there. Even PMDG created a interface the wx engines have to support. We use the same as mentioned.

The ATIS/AOC weather report is a different thing and directly read from the sim. Whatever your weather engine has injected to the sim, will be read.

12 hours ago, masterhawk said:

... Else you have to use another tool like simbrief or pfpx to create the .wx file.

Last question and then I promise stop boring everybody with the thread :)

In Simbrief I have learned how to generate the .wx file,  where must be placed the .wx file in order to be readed from the MCDU?

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, Flavio1 said:

Last question and then I promise stop boring everybody with the thread :)

In Simbrief I have learned how to generate the .wx file,  where must be placed the .wx file in order to be readed from the MCDU?

[sim root]\PMDG\WX\

57 minutes ago, Torkermax123 said:

The Aerosoft airbus MCDU reads from the PMDG folder???

It CAN, however you do not have to do this.  Simply create a solid flight plan for ActiveSky and that's all you have to do (well, the flight plan needs to match what you put into the Airbus as well).  The WX file can/should be used by those who don't use ActiveSky.

Best wishes!

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It CAN, however you do not have to do this.  Simply create a solid flight plan for ActiveSky and that's all you have to do (well, the flight plan needs to match what you put into the Airbus as well).  The WX file can/should be used by those who don't use ActiveSky.

Best wishes!

So, the AB MCDU reads the PMDG file, if I understand or do you have to put it in an Aerosdoft file. Seems odd?

\\My PC\p3dv4\Prepar3DV4\PMDG\WX...?

I am running Active Sky in a networked configuration with a loaded flight plan.  Whenever I submit a wind request, no values are returned.  Does the Airbus only read from Active Sky when it is installed on the same computer as P3D?  I have also tried using a PMDG .wx file but that doesn't work either.  Thanks........  

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, Torkermax123 said:

So, the AB MCDU reads the PMDG file, if I understand or do you have to put it in an Aerosdoft file. Seems odd?

\\My PC\p3dv4\Prepar3DV4\PMDG\WX...?

The MCDU is reading from the PMDG folder as noted above by me. Some tools export to that folder by default, why should we change that? Else the user has to change the settings in his tools if he is switching between Airbus and Boeing.

I’m using PFPX and by default I export my fpln to all my addons with one click, when I plan a flight. So I have a growing number of fpln for all addons if I want to do a quick flight without big pre planning session.

But there is an issue, that sometimes the wx can’t be read. It is being worked on.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, Norcal Bear said:

I am running Active Sky in a networked configuration with a loaded flight plan.  Whenever I submit a wind request, no values are returned.  Does the Airbus only read from Active Sky when it is installed on the same computer as P3D?  I have also tried using a PMDG .wx file but that doesn't work either.  Thanks........  

The Bus can’t read from a networked PC. How should it know where to look for? There is currently no path setting possible. It reads the file from the default path on the computer of the sim. Maybe a symbolic link with the command “mklink” is a workaround.

I will put network support on the list. Maybe it will be done.

For wx file reading is currently an issue, that not all files are being read properly. It is being worked on.

I always fly with the AS for P3DV4 (v6773) running and to date since I installed the A318-319 to update the winds of ascent, cruise and descent is charged me without any problem, as I exposed in another thread in the MCDU I have the weather SOURCE in SIM (DEFAULT) Even without loading any flight plan into the ACE, I only use the flight plan loaded into the MCDU

13 hours ago, masterhawk said:

The MCDU is reading from the PMDG folder as noted above by me. Some tools export to that folder by default, why should we change that? Else the user has to change the settings in his tools if he is switching between Airbus and Boeing.

I’m using PFPX and by default I export my fpln to all my addons with one click, when I plan a flight. So I have a growing number of fpln for all addons if I want to do a quick flight without big pre planning session.

But there is an issue, that sometimes the wx can’t be read. It is being worked on.

Thank you Bob. I know its not reading mine. Just curious, What if you don't have a PMDG aircraft?

31 minutes ago, Torkermax123 said:

Just curious, What if you don't have a PMDG aircraft?

Well, the software is looking for a file in a particular path, rather than looking to see if you have a particular product installed.  See, we're just telling it where a particular file is located... no PFM at work here.  So to answer your question, you merely create the path and put the file there.  That's pretty much it.

Archived