Not following ascent/descent path

Dave, hello again

I have just completed a 2.3 hr flight.

Matched the Fuel Manager to my PFPX plan.

Successful let down from FL360.  Followed what 'Managed' had given me.

T/D was earlier (5NM) than what PFPX had predicted.  Drag was called for twice during the decent of which I responded to.

STAR was not that complex with only one height restriction (AT OR ABOVE 8000).  It hit this Waypoint at 8700. 

Reached the IAF spot on height and expected speed.

No unrealistic rate of descent.

No complaints here.

I have only had one other issue with descent, so unsure if the latest Version has the amendments in or not.

My results seem to be at odds with the other thread on this, but perhaps I have been lucky.

For your information.

Cheers

Jock

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We are aware and have already been working on these issues. Have you tried the experimental update?  It's available via the AS Updater.  More fine tuning to be done, but I think you'll be pleased with the update.

I'm on 1.1.0.0, and fspilotshop.com haven't updated the files although the site states that the files were updated on Saturday the 29th of September. The ZIP-files still have version 1.1.0.0 in them. If Aerosoft are interested, I can test potential fixes, but then I need links to the new files.

23 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, we pay these shops to deliver files to customers. You really need to ask them to make sure they do that.

Or the other way around, perhaps? You ask them to make sure they do what you pay them to, so your customers don't have to.

• Aerosoft

We always inform them when new files are available but we simply do not have any means to force these update on their systems. As you bought it at fspilot you are their customer and not our customer.

I am sorry to reply so formal, but as I said these shops get part of what you paid to assist you. If we would do so you would have to proof you actually bought the product, then we would have to manually check that, manually make a shop account for you and add the product and keep you informed of that whole process. How much profit do you think is left after that? It's just not feasible.

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We always inform them when new files are available but we simply do not have any means to force these update on their systems. As you bought it at fspilot you are their customer and not our customer.

I am sorry to reply so formal, but as I said these shops get part of what you paid to assist you. If we would do so you would have to proof you actually bought the product, then we would have to manually check that, manually make a shop account for you and add the product and keep you informed of that whole process. How much profit do you think is left after that? It's just not feasible.

I merely wanted to offer help with testing, that's all. Like I wrote in my OP, the descent profile problem is not a show-stopper for me. I'm happy flying v 1.1.0.0 for now. But it's a shame, because if I had the new version I could fly that instead to see if there's any improvement. But it is what it is. Don't spend any valuable time on my account.

Dave:- Report #2

I deliberately repeated a flight that I had issues with descent, some 4 weeks ago.

Same STAR and App.

Let down from FL390 in 'Managed' went very well.

T/D was earlier than I remember.

One call for 'Drag'.

Came in on the IAF, correct height and speed.

I think previously I was brawling with the Virtual FO and may have been distracted!!

Nevertheless, I am happy that the current version is doing all the right things for me, in regard to descent, at least for an ILS Approach.

Cheers

Jock

3 hours ago, Jockos said:

Dave:- Report #2

I deliberately repeated a flight that I had issues with descent, some 4 weeks ago.

Same STAR and App.

Let down from FL390 in 'Managed' went very well.

T/D was earlier than I remember.

One call for 'Drag'.

Came in on the IAF, correct height and speed.

I think previously I was brawling with the Virtual FO and may have been distracted!!

Nevertheless, I am happy that the current version is doing all the right things for me, in regard to descent, at least for an ILS Approach.

Cheers

Jock

Excellent!  Thank you so much!

Best wishes for Happy Flights my friend.

7 hours ago, parsec71 said:

Or the other way around, perhaps? You ask them to make sure they do what you pay them to, so your customers don't have to.

Or buy direct at Aerosoft shop ;)

Archived