Not following ascent/descent path

During climb after departure ATC said:

- Stop climbing at 5000' due to the Trafic (Until You react, You are allready on 5.300) so You get back to 5000'

- after 2 Min ATC: Continue climbing

It is so unrealistic ?

But Ok, i know what is Your Point.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2018 at 10:56 PM, Joan Alonso said:

Ok. Thanks Mathijs, but I installed 4.3 from scratch on a clean win10 install on a less than two months old PC.

After watching several YouTube vids of the bus since the release I have seen the same behavior for everyone. So not only me but everybody is experiencing the "rocket climbs", but I think I am the only one reporting this, which leads me to think that everybody but me sees this totally normal.

I think there are two big issues:

1. Pitching up aggressively / sudden / fast  (a lot)

2. Really high pitch (easy +5000fpm does not seem to me something “normal” at all with a high load).

Two different issues that I do not know if they are related to each other. I hope the update of the VNAV can smooth things a little bit because now I feel like flying a fighter jet with 134 dizzy passengers on board.

I also watched vids of the P3D 3 version and they climb as would be expected, no such a high pitch there. (I thought for a while to install V3 again and test, but I think it's not worth it).

BTW, many thanks to all the team, I really appreciate the daily feedback here in the forum for all sort of problems and questions we may have.

I tried to say that "customers waiting SP1 and hot fixes" to correct problem, just like me and don't wanna complain all the time. And of course somebody's might be thinking it's normal Airbus behavior. But no, thousands of happy users is Aerosoft motto. And yes, i did a step by step flight. Same problem ( i used time half of day, when reading instructions from manual) It so annoying i stopped this flight FL100. Climb rate +7100ft /min.

• Aerosoft

Mika, I do not know what to say. If you state that the code HAS to be wrong I believe it is not more than fair we ask you to explain why thousands of users do not have this issue and why we have a lot of people who solved this issue by re-installing the sim. As I written on Monday I looked into the systems of two users who had the issue and found that certain sim files where NOT thos of P3d V4.3 and these users are now correcting that. There are no hotfixes planned that will change any of this behavior because we simply can't recreate the issue. 

I am sorry you wasted half the day on the step-by-step flight but it would really help us if you would tell us in detail at what moment your experience does not match the text.

I think there is nothing more to tell. When i connect autopilot on (dash ball, dash ball, ball dash) A319 pitching nose up (CI40) 7400ft / min. If i used selected mode in vertical speed there is no issue. I still have an clean install P3Dv4.3. Older busses don't have this issue. I don't install new copy of P3D, everything working very well, expect this one. If there is not coming correction, i simply not use managed mode after takeoff (below FL100). Now i wait A320/321 and try it, if there is an same issue or not (I buy bundle.) 

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mika, I do not know what to say. If you state that the code HAS to be wrong I believe it is not more than fair we ask you to explain why thousands of users do not have this issue and why we have a lot of people who solved this issue by re-installing the sim. As I written on Monday I looked into the systems of two users who had the issue and found that certain sim files where NOT thos of P3d V4.3 and these users are now correcting that. There are no hotfixes planned that will change any of this behavior because we simply can't recreate the issue. 

I am sorry you wasted half the day on the step-by-step flight but it would really help us if you would tell us in detail at what moment your experience does not match the text.

Sorry to disagree, If you can recreate a "standard" climb you'll see the bus easily reaching +5000fpm after reaching target speed while VNAV. Climbing at 5000fpm is not an issue for a few, it's something happening to everyone from what I see in Youtube vids.

I'm not a pilot, an advise from a real one would be really helpful here, but I think that the rate of climb of the buses are far away from what it should. I do not want the bus to react like the real one, of course not, I did not pay for it, but at least I expect it to behave in a "reasonably feasible" way as the previous versions do.

Here are two different vids of what I'm saying:

52:53 // 220kts -5300fpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Tngdqwl3Y

12:12 // 250kts -5100fpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBUiTmJB91o

I can confirm after testing that the P3D V3 buses climb as expected, the same GW, SID and weather:

A319 CFM P3DV3 climbing between 3000-4000fpm after reaching 250kts.

A319 CFM P3DV4 climbing between 4500-5300fpm after reaching 250kts.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hi Mathijs,

Would it be possible for you to explain your process for checking whether files are P3Dv43 or not? This way people can rule the sim in/out as a potential issue without having to do a painful reinstall if it isn't required.

Thanks

Phil

In my earlier post describing a workaround for the excessive descent rates I already stated that an upgrade to 4.3. resulting in mismatched files can NOT be the reason for that behaviour. I and I think several people here stated that the aerosoft bus was installed on a new and fresh 4.3 version of P3d (I started with V4.3 on 1st of Aug. and hat no version of V4 installed before). I played around with the CI and described my observations already in my previous post. What I also found out is that the T/D is calculated later then in comparable products under same conditions.

So is it a bug in the code - I have absolutely no idea. I can only describe my observations but a mismatched 4.3 I can definately rule out as a reason at least on my side.

Maybe it also needs to be questioned why  thousands of customers are not complaining. I think some never post allthough having problems, some only fly OP CLB/DES or V/S (which is working properly) and maybe some didn't find the time to fly it at all. But again I have no  idea I only would question if the fraction of people with problems/people without problems is really properly reflected by this thread - but I know the only facts you have is the customer feedback.

In YT so far I found NO video showing a proper Managed CLIMB/Managed DESCENT and as I usually try to rule out things by myself maybe you/someone could post a link to such a video so all the people here with problems could see if they do smthng. wrongly.

br

Mark

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, Phil Reynolds said:

Would it be possible for you to explain your process for checking whether files are P3Dv43 or not? This way people can rule the sim in/out as a potential issue without having to do a painful reinstall if it isn't required.

I simply installed the sim on a laptop and the used Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier. Not in office at this moment so i can't get the data from that system at this moment.

vor 2 Stunden , boss128 sagte:

Maybe it also needs to be questioned why  thousands of customers are not complaining. I think some never post allthough having problems, some only fly OP CLB/DES or V/S (which is working properly) and maybe some didn't find the time to fly it at all. But again I have no  idea I only would question if the fraction of people with problems/people without problems is really properly reflected by this thread - but I know the only facts you have is the customer feedback.

In my case I can say if I see that a few guys have already reported a problem there is no reason to do it too as long as I don't have any new information to help sorting it out.

Regards, Klaus

3 hours ago, boss128 said:

In my earlier post describing a workaround for the excessive descent rates I already stated that an upgrade to 4.3. resulting in mismatched files can NOT be the reason for that behaviour. I and I think several people here stated that the aerosoft bus was installed on a new and fresh 4.3 version of P3d (I started with V4.3 on 1st of Aug. and hat no version of V4 installed before). I played around with the CI and described my observations already in my previous post. What I also found out is that the T/D is calculated later then in comparable products under same conditions.

So is it a bug in the code - I have absolutely no idea. I can only describe my observations but a mismatched 4.3 I can definately rule out as a reason at least on my side.

In YT so far I found NO video showing a proper Managed CLIMB/Managed DESCENT and as I usually try to rule out things by myself maybe you/someone could post a link to such a video so all the people here with problems could see if they do smthng. wrongly.

br

Mark

I probably have at least as many flights in the Airbus as any of our other Beta Testers, and I'm not seeing any issues whatsoever with the TOD calculations.

Despite at least 40 flights with the current (latest) version, all to and from different airports under different weather conditions (including high winds, thunderstorms, clear skies, etc.) and I have yet to experience the Descent Rate issue (high descent rates).  I'll be flying the bus again today and tomorrow and will continue to look for this issue.

Here is an idea... if someone here can (absolutely) duplicate this issue on every single flight AND live streams, then I would welcome the opportunity to set the aircraft up (via TeamViewer) then log off and have them stream the flight so that I can watch what happens.  If you're positive you can duplicate the issue and would like to help us to understand this issue better, please shoot me a PM.  I'm thinking a short, 45 minute flight (like KPHL-KBOS) would be perfect, especially given that it has a terrific RNAV arrival (ROBUC3).

Best wishes everyone.

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

But so far absolutely nobody has responded to my request to fly the Step-by-Step as asked in the starting post that might allow us to narrow down the issue.

I will do it at the weekend if it helps. The only thing is...as I have used the v3 version before (in fact it was my start into flightsim) I haven't done it with the v4 version so I have no comparison from that specific flight.

vor 15 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

But so far absolutely nobody has responded to my request to fly the Step-by-Step as asked in the starting post that might allow us to narrow down the issue.

I think at least GregoryV did:

Geschrieben Sonntag um 15:05

Hello.

I reinstalled Aerosoft bus again.
I also did step by step flight. Same issue.
I can't use the product. I asked for a refund cause I can't fly with the aircraft.

Gregory

@DaveCT2003: I really appreciate your efforts but I don't know if I'm able to set this up or find the time in the near future.

So far for me it was reproducable 100% (happened on every flight). Don't know if this helps but I guess I have now every add on ac on the market in P3D V4 working without problems.

So if the code is OK but for some of us this behaviour occurs regularily and with all our knowledge we can't find a reason on customers side we have to park the a318/1319 it in the hangar - sad but true.

but still - is there really no video showing a flight with a working managed CLB/DES? or maybe a customer who can perform a smooth managed CLB/DES can jump into the discussion

br Mark

What difference is a TOW %MAC and ZFW %MAC? And why TOW %MAC is coded green? In MCDU there is only ZFW % MAC to insert those values example: 54.9 / 25.8. I always used ZFW %MAC value (the bottom). I know what those values mean, but did I do something wrong? 

Edit: There is no manual to read it.

7 hours ago, boss128 said:

I think at least GregoryV did:

Geschrieben Sonntag um 15:05

Hello.

I reinstalled Aerosoft bus again.
I also did step by step flight. Same issue.
I can't use the product. I asked for a refund cause I can't fly with the aircraft.

Gregory

@DaveCT2003: I really appreciate your efforts but I don't know if I'm able to set this up or find the time in the near future.

So far for me it was reproducable 100% (happened on every flight). Don't know if this helps but I guess I have now every add on ac on the market in P3D V4 working without problems.

So if the code is OK but for some of us this behaviour occurs regularily and with all our knowledge we can't find a reason on customers side we have to park the a318/1319 it in the hangar - sad but true.

but still - is there really no video showing a flight with a working managed CLB/DES? or maybe a customer who can perform a smooth managed CLB/DES can jump into the discussion

br Mark

Mark, send me a PM if you ever find the time.  it will take 1 hour.

• Aerosoft

We are still unable to recreate this issue (and it simply was not reported by our testers) but this afternoon we'll release an updated file that changes some things (for example moving the TOD backwards) that might help with this issue.  Please note that we do NOT recommend installing this file if you do not see this issue.

I did the tutorial flight yesterday with very low graphics settings, here is what I recognized...

Initial descent to extreme (up to 4900 ft/min)...see pic 1

Distance to actual waypoint in FMC doesn't get updated (see pic 2, ND 2.7 NM, in FMC still 20 NM)

I felt the purple circle in PFD was too "nervous" moving

Hope that helps!

Regards, Klaus

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Thanks Klaus, exactly when did this happen first? Immediately after the descent was started? And can you confirm the loading was exactly as advised in the manual?

It happened directly after descent was started and calmed down after a short time (maybe 1 min)

The loading was as exactly as I could set it, I think cargo was 2026 kg because I couldn't set the slider to 2000.

• Aerosoft

Okay here is an attempt to avoid this issue for the users who are affected by it.

First of all update to 1.1.0.1 

And then insert the attached file in the Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback folder overwriting the existing one. We do NOT recommend users who so not see this issue to insert this file.

Airbus_ECAMD2D.zip

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, boogie said:

It happened directly after descent was started and calmed down after a short time (maybe 1 min)

The loading was as exactly as I could set it, I think cargo was 2026 kg because I couldn't set the slider to 2000.

That's great information Klaus. Did you by any chance notice an increase of speed when you seen the issue?

gerade, Mathijs Kok sagte:

That's great information Klaus. Did you by any chance notice an increase of speed when you seen the issue?

I was too much focused on the descent rate but I just had a look at all the screenshots I made at the time and can say the speed increased from 275 kn to a maximum of 300 kn.

Archived