Not following ascent/descent path

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And here is the updated dll, replace the one in Aerosoft A318-A319  Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback

Airbus_ECAMD2D.7z

How do I open the xx.7z file? 

EDIT.....OK, I worked it out...Need a 7z file opener program....This is why I prefer the Aerosoft Updater...one click and all sorted. When you start overwriting downloading, unzipping files, overwriting files....the risks begin.  

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 3 Stunden , por928 sagte:

How do I open the xx.7z file? 

EDIT.....OK, I worked it out...Need a 7z file opener program....This is why I prefer the Aerosoft Updater...one click and all sorted. When you start overwriting downloading, unzipping files, overwriting files....the risks begin.  

Not, if they are comming from official persons or sites like this forum :) (and if you are unsure, you can run a virus can via virustotal.com just a tip :)

1 hour ago, flyingpilot1740 said:

Not, if they are comming from official persons or sites like this forum :) (and if you are unsure, you can run a virus can via virustotal.com just a tip :)

Ummm, when I downloaded the ECAM file from Mathijs, it was in 7z format, and my w10 system would not touch it. So, downloaded the 7z app, and whulla, opened...My system normally opens the normal zipped files like the previous update file Mathijs released. 

Every developer I know (inside and out of flight sim) now uses 7Zip as their compression utility of choice.  7Zip will handle every compression type that is used by the public today. 

This is important because in some cases, if a file is compressed by the 7Zip software, even in Zip format, decompression of the file by a different compression utility can have errors - though you won't be notified of them.

I believe LM uses 7Zip as well.

Best wishes.

Hey all,

a short update from my site today:)

I just did a flight from LDDU to LOWW, Routing: MADOS DCT GEBNI DCT EVTON DCT OBUTI.

Shortly after OBUTI my T/D was shown. I configured BALAD with an altitude of 8000ft to be reached.

At T/D I pushed the ALT knob and the Bus was starting the descend with smooth 3000-3500ft, the magenta Donut was also centered and moving correctly :)

I will continue today my flights from LOWW-LGKR-LSZH-LGSM, lets see what happend :D

On my flight from LGKR to LSZH with Routing OLGAT L53 GARGA L613 AKADO T101 SOTOV UP66 KPT/N0322F120 L856 NEGRA

I have no T/D :-/ assigend and for any reason If i press ALT, it is sinking again with 6000ft :-S 

Is it possible that the STAR is incorrectly with the ALT? :)

Please login to display this image.

Yes, T/D is missing in every first flight for me. I think is something related to the INIT FUEL PRED page, which shows some data before entering anything. Once I insert Block and ZFW data there's new data over the old one. The EFOB shows "-NANO". 

same here T/D dissapears and every waypoint shows FL150 besides the T/C pseudo waypoint. EFOB shows -NANO but the whole FUEL PRED page looks kind of weird,

A319/IAE started with turnaround panel state and fuel/payload loaded via loadsheet.

• Aerosoft

Can you define 'looks kind of weird'? That's not really something we can use to find errors.

And it would help if people report if they used to update shared via this forum on Friday.

Overall it is very disappointing that the few people who have this issue are so unwilling to provide us with information that we need to debug this.  

Only two persons used the step-by-step flight so we can know all condition (and only one of those told us exactly when the issue started). Nobody provided us with feedback when we asked if a bit of spoiler reduced the issue. When I offered to do support via screenconnect in a slow week, nobody replied.

We know this is only affecting a few people but if there is an issue we like to solve it.

This is how it looks. T/D is not calculated/shown in FPLAN. 

This only happened to me with the last ECAMD2D.dll, the other one was working fine, which is the one I'm using). The descent is much smoother now, but the AP still being aggressive and the climb rates too much high.

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

agreed - that was not a valuable info so what happened was the RTE RSV field and FINAL TIME field on the FUEL PRED page showed 2 entries at the same time one in upper case and one in lower case overwriting each other. And yes its with the newest patched file.

But I don't think it is fair to blame users for unwillingness to provide debug information. Many posted dozens of screenshots describing the situation in particular and posted many lines of additional explanantions what happened and their environment.

I have a full time job and many other obligations and I do the best I can to describe what happens.

I'm into this hobby since 30 years now and I'm willing to accept if really smthng in my environment causes a particular behaviour/error but I don't think this is the case here.

So I also asked for a link to one video with a flight with a smooth managed CLB/DES - unfortunately nothing was provided ...

br

• Aerosoft

One of our testers ( a real busdriver) is preparing a set if videos showing how they do these things and how, should something like this happen  (as I explained it is behavior also shown in the real aircraft) would be avoided and countered.  But if ALL users would have this issue we would see hundreds and hundreds of complaints and so far we got 41 users on file who reported this. Of those 41,  15 never responded, 7 reported the issue solved after a clear install of the sim, 3 reported they followed the step by step and did not find the issue anymore.

We are not saying YOU are not seeing it btw.

I only had time to do one flight since the last updated ecam file and on that flight the situation had improved, initial descend of 3900 fpm which decreased after one minute or so.

I just felt the following descent to EGLL a bit "nervous", the value of descent rate was ok but it went up and down a lot, I think it should be smoother.

52 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

One of our testers ( a real busdriver) is preparing a set if videos showing how they do these things and how, should something like this happen  (as I explained it is behavior also shown in the real aircraft) would be avoided and countered.  But if ALL users would have this issue we would see hundreds and hundreds of complaints and so far we got 41 users on file who reported this. Of those 41,  15 never responded, 7 reported the issue solved after a clear install of the sim, 3 reported they followed the step by step and did not find the issue anymore.

We are not saying YOU are not seeing it btw.

I think that more people have this behaviour but they didn't want to write it on this forum and there are a lot of flightsimmers they didn't know the exact operation about the Airbus and sometimes they compare it with Boeing aircrafts

Perhaps superfluous but do not forget to push the alt select button, so you get the amber dot. If i compare this with other Airbus flightsim software (Prepar3d and XPlane) you've got this automatically if your selected altitude is
more than 5000ft. 

VNAV isn't still not what it should be in routes/legs with various altitude constraints;. For example: EHAM-EGLL via runway 09 to VALKO GORLO REFSO XAMAN LOGAN- LAM

Regards

Jo va Bra

• Aerosoft
40 minutes ago, Jovabra said:

I think that more people have this behaviour but they didn't want to write it on this forum and there are a lot of flightsimmers they didn't know the exact operation about the Airbus and sometimes they compare it with Boeing aircrafts

Sure, but if they do not report or do not understand the aircraft (and do not use the step-by-step guide) what exactly are they expecting of us? It seems rather unreasonable for customers to expect that we are somehow clairvoyant and  predicting who will have problems. We got 41 customers on record ( upon a few tens of thousands of sales), if there are more we want to know about them,  seriously. The customers we had reporting this up to now could not really assist us a lot so every NEW report is extremely welcome.

As I explained late last week we did spend serious amount of time trying to find issues and this resulted in two very experimental patches. But so far exactly zero persons reported what changed with the last change. Just as zero people responded when I asked if a bit of spoiler helped. So basically all work we done since Tuesdays is useless because we have zero feedback. We have no idea if what we did made things better or worse. 

To be perfectly honest, I am about to close this topic as it simply does not serve it's cause. I am loosing a shit load of money on development that seems to benefit nobody. We got load of other issues that we rather work on because we know they bug all users. Please, if you want to help, get the last files, do the step-by-step manual EXACTLY to the letter and tell us EXACTLY what happened when. Only that way we can recreate the flight and the issue you see. 

If you do not understand busses, read Vol 1, Vol 8 and then follow every step of Vol 6. That way you are guided into flying an Airbus the easy way. You will understand what you are doing. If you do not know the difference between pulling or pushing a knob on the glareshield you simply are not able to fly the bus. Do not blame us, blame Airbus Industries, we only try to simulate what they invented.

I understand your point Mathijs. I have been reading lots of articles and forums here and there about how the RL pilots perform descents and read that many times V/S is prefered to smooth things out (also for climb sometimes). That's why I do not feel necessary (for me) to do an extensive report on that.

BTW, the last dll has smooth the descent for me, so it's fine for me now, except for the T/D bug (the previous one did not have this issue so I think it will be easy to track the bug).

I'm sorry to be a bore but what I believe is incorrect/need improving is:

(Specially) 1. Excessive climb rates (I thought many times of opening a new topic because I feel it differs of what we are discussing here)

2. The aggressive AP on turns and pitch.

1. Excessive climb rates

IMHO, and without knowledge on aircraft development but many years of flight simming (I'm a curious guy and I like to understand how everything works) could the excessive climb rates be related to drag parameters? Maybe thrust settings? The new bus (both CFM and IAE) feels like being too "agile", consequently the AP is capable of climb rates (in normal conditions) that, honestly, I can't imagine in the real one.

As a test (always backing up everything, I know that I could lose support assistance) I replaced the 32bit .air file and the [FLIGHT TUNING] aircraft entries on the 64 bus. This gave me "satisfying" climb rates. At least this gave me the climb rates I was used to with the old buses. Maybe this helps you to look into this issue. Of course is not an option to fly with this mod because I understand that this would mess up many things instead, and I'm still hoping that this will be looked at.

And yes, the old ones could climb at +4000, even 5000fpm in certain conditions, but not easy +6000fpm as I experienced with the new ones (and I repeat: tested many times with clear skies, no WX software, no FSUIPC, no other software involved, managed mode, different SIDS,CI's, fresh 4.3, fresh win10...).

*And all YouTube videos I've seen the bus climbs the same as I experience. None of them say something like "Hey, what an unrealistic climb rate",  so I suspect that it's fine for them, unfortunately not for me. I hate to be fussy, but this climb rates take me completely out of the simming experience.

2. The aggressive AP

As for the "catchy" AP it's been stated that this will be looked at for SP1 or later, so that's great.

Thanks!

I tried another flight. The true test of what this thing can and can't do would be a flight to an airport with several constraints. KPHX. I tried SAN-PHX. I used AS winds (and they weren't wonky or wacky, They were very reasonable.) I had winds loaded from AS in the FMGC for every way point and all constraints were properly loaded. The descent was in fully managed mode.

This was the route...ZZOOO2.IPL J18 BZA HOGGZ.HYDRR1. 

We were supposed to cross JUDTH at 280KTS. At CI15 it crossed at 272kts (which was within the econ speed range) but the command speed was not at 280.

About 10 miles west of RKDAM the econ speed went to 210kts! The next constraint wast at HYDRR at 265... After HYDRR it went into a steep descent, speed went 310KTS+...I gave up.

I have the AS wxx file to share. PHX arrivals are a good test. The Beta testers need to try this. HYDRR PINNG and EAGUL arrivals all have many constraints. 

2018-9-2 19Z san-phx.Wx

Sorry Mathijs for no input from me, who was one of the few who reported the issue. Mother in terminal stage, so at the hospital every day. BUT, last night, I did manage to update the bus to the latest, including the latest file you posted, and I did a short flight YWLM-YBBN(using BLAK2A STAR), and the A319 behaved her self very well. I did not engage Autopilot and Vnav until 5000ft into the climb. Went into CLB detent at 2500ft  well after after flap cleanup.  She climbed at 1400fpm until within 500 of cruise, then steadily backed off to 0. Descent, I started down about 15 nm before TOD, which was managed at 1000fpm, when the descent caught up with the path, fpm changed to 1700fpm, and I never had a violent action at all. Approach was great. If this is your fix, for me, it is ok. I look forward to the bus drivers videos, as then we have a graphical interface of flights to follow.

Hopefully, in the days ahead, I can be a bit more specific for you, the step by step flight keeps us all in the same ballpark.

A curious thing did happen, my machine dropped its fps down to 2-3?? during the setup phase on the ground( I wondered why the MCDU was slow to respond to inputs?) Anyway, a reboot and all back to 45-55fps...just one of those things.   

Good morning all,

I did 6 flights with the Bus this weeking to check out the "descend problem" a bit more.

On 5 of 6 flights, I started the Descend at the T/D shown and the Bus was perfectly sinking "as profiled".

On 1 flight (I reported earlier, there was no T/D, dont know why, anyway)

I am looking forward to the videos of your "real bus driver", probably my lack of knowledge is also the point why I have some troubles with the descend sometimes :):bow_down2_s:

BTW: I never had any issues with the climb rates of the bus.

vor 2 Stunden , por928 sagte:

A curious thing did happen, my machine dropped its fps down to 2-3?? during the setup phase on the ground( I wondered why the MCDU was slow to respond to inputs?) Anyway, a reboot and all back to 45-55fps...just one of those things.   

Guess that was a "single-user-hiccup", anyway, dont mixup this post with other "issues" to keep it clear. :cheers_s:

Thanks to all, I can life with it, if it happend only on some flights (for whatever reason). So for me the topic is for the moment not relevant anymore.

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, leftseat said:

I tried another flight. The true test of what this thing can and can't do would be a flight to an airport with several constraints. KPHX. I tried SAN-PHX. I used AS winds (and they weren't wonky or wacky, They were very reasonable.) I had winds loaded from AS in the FMGC for every way point and all constraints were properly loaded. The descent was in fully managed mode.

This was the route...ZZOOO2.IPL J18 BZA HOGGZ.HYDRR1. 

We were supposed to cross JUDTH at 280KTS. At CI15 it crossed at 272kts (which was within the econ speed range) but the command speed was not at 280.

About 10 miles west of RKDAM the econ speed went to 210kts! The next constraint wast at HYDRR at 265... After HYDRR it went into a steep descent, speed went 310KTS+...I gave up.

I have the AS wxx file to share. PHX arrivals are a good test. The Beta testers need to try this. HYDRR PINNG and EAGUL arrivals all have many constraints. 

2018-9-2 19Z san-phx.Wx

And with what software versions was that, in what aircraft, what engines?

Archived