Aerosoft CRJ 700-900 Instrument Problems

I purchased Aerosoft's CRJ 700-900 aircraft today and I'm having trouble installing it. I've installed it twice and I can't get the instruments to come to life. Where the instruments are is just a blue screen as you can see from the attached file. If you click where the instrument is it come's to life in a separate window. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I just discussed this with Stefan, our 3D modeller. What you see is clickspot objects which are set to "transparent". Why you still see them is a bit beyond me because there are no textures whatsoever assigned to these objects. Do you may be use the DirectX 10 Preview Mode? If so, please give it a try without.

I'm really not sure what the DirectX 10 preview mode is. I have FSX Steam, whatever preview mode their using is the one I'm using. I haven't added anything that says DirectX 10. I've purchased 4 aircraft for my FSX Steam and all of them work fine. I've purchased a ton of scenery, some from Aerosoft and it all works fine. For some reason and I don't know why this CRJ aircraft will just not work. I spent all day yesterday working on it, uninstalled and reinstalled several times and I can't get it to work. It's like the instruments are there but there not showing up since you can click on the instrument and get it to open in another window. It's beyond me, I just buy the stuff and fly. Really wanted this aircraft but it's unusable like this. Does Aerosoft offer refunds if you can't fix it? I opened a ticket on Aerosoft website and says it submitted but I don't see it. I take it you work for Aerosoft support Hans since you mentioned you talked with Stefan who's a 3D modeller. Thanks for all your help! 

• Developer

OK. FSX Steam doesn't have the preview mode anymore. It's only in the original FSX.

I'm the programmer of the CRJ, that's why I spoke to Stefan. Unfortunately I don't have an explanation for this effect. I tried myself with FSX SP2 (with and without DX10 preview) and FSX Steam and it looks fine both times. Graphics card in my case is a GTX 1070 with the latest nvidia Driver (398.82) under Windows 10, 64bit.

Hans, I want to buy the Aerosoft A320. Will I have the same problems with it in your opinion? We're they designed using the same process. Reason I ask is because all my other aircraft I've purchased work fine and I don't want to go thru this again with another Aerosoft aircraft. My other aircraft are Qualitywings, PMDG and Carenado and I've never had a problem with them working correctly. Thanks for any input you can give me regarding this! 

Ok Hans, I don't have any Direct X issues that I'm aware of and went to see if I could update the graphic drivers and I have the latest drivers. I figured I probably did as this is a new laptop. Today I bought the Aerosoft Airbus 320/321 and everything works fine. I don't know what else to do as every other plane I own that I bought payware work on this computer except the CRJ. I really wish it did as I wanted that model but it just won't work. I know it's not their policy to issue refunds but I will contact them requesting a refund as the plane is unusable to me. You been wonderful with your help and all your suggestions, I thank you! 

Archived