Pushback function in FMC

Hi,

When entering cold and dark state and powering up the aircraft, via checklists and copilot all works well, except the pushback function. I get no meters-feet input. Anyone has the same problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but this was already dicussed previously. If you use the CL /Copilot and want to use the PB function (without having GSX installed) then you have to disable GSX in the MCDU3 OPTION menu. Then the PB menu will automatically come up at the right time and you do not have to select the separate one. This one is only for users who do not use the complete CL and Copilot function but just want to use the PB function alone.....

Regards,

Rolf

On 8/13/2018 at 7:58 AM, Hanse said:

Sorry but this was already dicussed previously. If you use the CL /Copilot and want to use the PB function (without having GSX installed) then you have to disable GSX in the MCDU3 OPTION menu. Then the PB menu will automatically come up at the right time and you do not have to select the separate one. This one is only for users who do not use the complete CL and Copilot function but just want to use the PB function alone.....

Regards,

Rolf

I have done just that and still do not have the feet/meters option.

Thanks for the help.

Jack

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jack, sorry but cannot confirm the issue...... on my system everything works as required. I hope you are using the INFOBAR as then after the BEFORE ENGINE START CL has been finished the general pushback options are displayed on the bar. If you select "1" and then open the MCDU3 / CHECKLIST menu (LSK1R) you should see the PB menu with feet/meters...... again: Do not select the PB menu on the MCDU 3 / GND SERVICES / PUSHBACK ...... If you still have those problems then something seems to be wrong with your installation...... Then remove the Aerosoft Airbus using Window functionality  and try a complete new install.

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you Hanse.

Perhaps you can help with what might be my problem: "push the '1' key' does nothing and I have removed all references to the 1 key from the P3D key mapping. Which 1 key on my keyboard are we are we talking about? Or am I perhaps on the wrong menu?

Thanks.

Jack

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jack, have you enabled the HOTKEY function in the MCDU 3 / OPTIONS / CHECKLIST menu?

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jack, no more idea what could cause that issue. Do you use any other program which uses the keys 1 and 2? Are you talking about the keys on the keyboard itself or did you try to use the ones on the numeric keyboard? If you use the resp. LSK on the MCDU3 does the CL then start? But the topic of this thread is the PB function....... do you have also problems with this function or did you hijack this thread because we were talking about keys / numbers?

Regards,

Rolf

Um , my apologies. I believe the info panel says 'press key 1' for the PB. In any event, free free to close this one as far as I am concerned. Eventually, I'll solve it. I'm sure it's me.  It's not apparent, but I've been an Oracle DBA, programmer in PL/SQL, PM on DoD contracts, etc so this is not my first rodeo, plus I'm approaching 8 decades so my thinker probably has some missing elements.

Thanks for all of you developers of this fine bird.

Jack

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived