Shaking Mid Flight

jp1208

Hi 

Now, I have read and researched this topic quite a lot before posting but my issue seems to be a little different to everyone elses. 

Some background:

• I fully un-installed FSX:SE and all addons including ActiveSky and Aerosoft Airbus Bundle and EZDOK v1
  • I then re-installed FSX:SE, ASN, REX and Aerosoft Bundle and purchased EZDOK v2.6

Having completed the above steps I setup everything back to how it was previously. ASN has the same settings and Nvidia Inspector was configured to improve performance which it did, along with the DX10 fixer from Steve. However, there are two issues I am now presented with in the bus during flight at cruise level. 

1. Random violent shaking affect every so often. I have checked and lowered my ASN turbulence settings down to 50, even though they were at 70 previously and I had no issues which leads me to believe this is not the problem. The other option is EZDOK v2. I have lowered all settings in the Effect Processor but I do have a nagging feeling that this could be the cause. 

2. When I have been sitting at cruise level for a while without touching any of the views etc (such as panning around the cockpit) when I then have a look around the cockpit (ie. change the view) there is a large lagging affect, like the sim jumps. Not sure how else to explain that. 

Sorry for the long winded post, I cannot work out if this issue is related to Aerosoft Airbus of the more likely culprit, EZDOK. Or, perhaps my settings are too high,even though everyone runs smooth on approach and on the ground. 

Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated! Maybe somebody could share their EZDOK v2 Aerosoft Airbus profile with me to see if that makes a difference? 

Thank you again. 

J

30 minutes ago, CapAdamT said:

I also have the shaking effect. Reported extreme turbulence on VATSIM because of it. Even had to divert, too.

I can't get my head around it. I have even not set my sliders for autogen and scenery complexity to 'normal' whereas I had them higher before my un-install and I am still having issues now. Very annoying. Hopefully we get a solution! 

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, jp1208 said:

Hopefully we get a solution! 

Please set your Active Sky turbulence settings down to 30. The default of 70 is completely unrealistic, and even 50 is still way too high. 

9 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Please set your Active Sky turbulence settings down to 30. The default of 70 is completely unrealistic, and even 50 is still way too high. 

I will set this to 30 and have a trial flight today. I will report back my findings. 

1 hour ago, CapAdamT said:

What do you do if you do not have Active Sky? I only have FSXWX.exe (for visual effects).

Is there some way you can minimise visual effects to a lower setting? From what I am reading the issue we are experiencing is due to performance. 

I am getting a steady 26-29fps during flight and every so often it falls to around 4-8fps and then starts to shake and rock violently. This has to be linked to performance in some way and not aerosoft. Have a look at your settings and see if there is any way of lowering them to improve performance. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

If your FPS drop so drastically that for sure is the reason for the faulty behavior of the Airbus as a consequence. The Airbus need stable 18 FPS (or more). If theFPS drop below this value there simply is not enough time anymore for the autopilot to do all needed calculations in time anymore, as it's calulations are bound the are bound to the frame cycles.

For anyone else having this similar issue I would strongly advise looking at graphics settings, not only in the sim but in ASN and any other addon. Along with checking Nvidia Inspector too. 

I made the following changes and have just completed a flight from EGCC to LEPA with fps at or between 28-31 for the duration of the flight. 

These were settings that worked for me and may not for every/anyone else. 

• Changed my fps slider to unlimited in FSX:SE
  • Changed Nvidia Inspector AA to 4x as opposed to 8x
  • Followed Tom's advice and lowered the turbulence setting in ASN
  • Also changed the cloud draw distance until I was getting solid frames 

As said before, I am managing a very nice and smooth 29fps average. My system is no tank but it is by no means a snail either. Best advice is to play around with the graphics settings and find what works best for your sim. 

14 hours ago, CapAdamT said:

What do you do if you do not have Active Sky? I only have FSXWX.exe (for visual effects).

In terms of this, definitely check your graphics settings or how high your visual effects are in here. This could & probably is having a massively detrimental impact on the sim.  

Archived