Some checklist questions

Hi,

I'll put a few questions here about the checklists (I want to make sure these are not known issues) - 

1. In the taxi phase in "external lights" the copilot wants the runway turn on lights. Why is that? Isn't this supposed to be done in the before takeoff checklist?

2. Right after rotation the copilot calls "external lights". Why is that? (this is in between the completion of the before takeoff checklist and the after takeoff checklist)

3. In the decent phase the checklist item "auto brake" is called out when nearing 10,000 ft and not as part of a checklist (wanted to make sure this is OK?)

4. Further in the decent the copilot is expecting the passenger sign to be "BOTH OFF" (he acknowledges this checklist item only when turning them off), This is also not as part of a checklist but called out separately - is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Shom

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. All the EXT LIGHTS settings are based on RL procedures - nose (to TAXI) and runway lights are set on before or during taxi.... Those precedures may vary between airlines but we used the procedure of a mayjor european airline. In the BEFORE TAKEOFF CL only the landing lights are switched on. Nose lights stay on TAXI because using the TO position could blind when flying through clouds.

2. This is also done in RL e. g. just after rotation the nose and runway lights are switched off. In the AFTER TO CL there is only a check ......

3. Setting the autobrake before passing 10.000 feet is also RL procedure.....

4. This is also valid for cabing signs e. g. those are set to on after passing 10.000 feet.....

Remember the CL is just a check and it does not mean that all settings are made during the CL ....

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, Shomron sagte:

Just note my point in #4 the captain acknowledges both OFF instead of both on....

Shom, could please explain this a little bit more in detail. Exactly at which point - passing the 10.000 feet?

Regards,

Rolf

On 8/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, Hanse said:

Shom, could please explain this a little bit more in detail. Exactly at which point - passing the 10.000 feet?

Regards,

Rolf

I guess both are optional on or off and the co pilot will acknowledge accordingly.

I guess this topic can be closed thanks for the explanation!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived