Dave non functional after latest update

PhillyD1973

Hi All

I just installed the latest update.  I did so by uninstalling the Aircraft.  Re-installed clean.

However, When I load it, it is cold and dark.  Dave is on.  But NOTHING on it works.  I click anywhere and it does not function at all. 

I am sure I am missing something.  I have the battery on.  Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Phil

7 minutes ago, PhillyD1973 said:

Hi All

I just installed the latest update.  I did so by uninstalling the Aircraft.  Re-installed clean.

However, When I load it, it is cold and dark.  Dave is on.  But NOTHING on it works.  I click anywhere and it does not function at all. 

I am sure I am missing something.  I have the battery on.  Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Phil

An addendum to this.  I guess this wasn't the last update.  I just installed the latest update and the issue is somewhat worse, Dave shows nothing now at all.

No power at any time and I cannot power it up.

Should I try to re-install again?

Phil

hello

it's the same for me latest update  on windows 10 64 bits and P3D v4.3   .

Dave is longer to start and nothing when clicking

so i have uninstall it and reinstal whith shut down bitdefender , but the problem is the thame ?

I have exactly the same problem. Dave does not work at all and the aircraft can't be started.

Reinstalling doesn't help. 

Win 10 64 and P3D v4.3

I just bought this today. Feel really robbed.

Need help quickly.

• Developer
On 11.8.2018 at 03:06, PhillyD1973 sagte:

Did you change the default setting to "Cold and Dark" before this happened? Normally, the default is "Engines running"?

Everybody:

Can you please check if you have any files with the extensions ".fxml", ".wx", ".crj" or ".crjfms" in your "%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" folder? If yes, please let me know which ones.

And also: How do you load the CRJ? Do you load a scenario with a default aircraft first? Or do you load the CRJ from the scenario window or a pre-saved scenario file?

• Developer

I was just able to reproduce a behaviour at least similar to what you guys describe once. However, it was a quite weird situation where it seemed that two P3Ds were running in parallel. This could be noticed by a message from SODE that there was still an instance of SODE running plus the fact that the CRJ couldn't receive any data from P3D (via SimConnect). This would lead to several strange things. The engine start loop would run forever (due to no data received from P3D, the CRJ would never know if the engines were running or not) all four START/STOP lights on the overhead were lit and finally DAVE would register mouse clicks, but not redraw.

Is this what you observe when you load the CRJ?

HI Hans,

Thanks for helping.

I am not at home right now so can't answer your question on the file extensions. Will take a look tonight.

On your other questions...

Loading - I do load a default scenario first, then change the aircraft to CRJ.

I have removed the GSX add-ons and this still didn't make any difference.

I reinstalled CRJ twice now. Each time rebooting and doing the updates as well. No difference.

While having the problems with CRJ, I then switched to several other aircraft including simple Maule and complex PMDG 747 and these work fine. So I know it's something related to CRJ.

When I bring up the cockpit, it's not cold and dark, but the engines aren't running, fuel tabs are down (off). But if I press F4 the plane takes off. Extremely weird. Nothing shows on Dave or any of the CRTs unless I click on one of the CRTs first, then they come on with stacks of yellow messages. Overhead APU and Engine switches don't work. 

Hope this helps.

Rick

Hi Hans,

Further to my last email, I am now home. Here are the files you asked about.

Rick

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

@Hans Hartmann

I had faced this odd behaviour only once exactly after updating to the latest v1.2.2 through the Updater.

What I did was:

1. Update the CRJ

2. Started P3D (4.3) and loaded the CUB

3. Pressed Ctrl+Shift+F1 to stop the engine

4. Loaded the CRJ

-> it was dead.

I then thought that some scenario (fxml) file was causing the conflict (due to the update) and deleted those files.

For the second try I did step 2 and 3 AND before step 4, I saved the scenario as DEFAULT.

From this point on, the CRJ loaded perfect regardless if selected directly or through the Cub.

I think there are some conflicts in that area.

• Developer

If the default scenario contains the CRJ, that is certainly something to look at, yes.

@PhillyD1973 and @RickW can you please tell us if you use a scenario file to load the CRJ? If so, please attach the *.fxml, *.wx, *.crj and *.crjfms files from "<My Documents>\Prepar3D v4 Files". Thank you.

Hi Everybody,

The same DAVE issues by me. I reinstalled CRJ,  I also moved all *.fxml, *.wx, *.crj from "<My Documents>\Prepar3D v4 Files" to some other location. Still the same issue. I have SODE 1.6.3 installed as well. Windows 10 64 bits and P3D v4.2.21.24048

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The CRJ requires P3D v4.3! v4.2 will NOT work.

Thanks Hans for the suggestion.  No DAVE issues after updating to 4.3 (Client, Content, Scenery, SDK).

Hi Hans,

I start P3D v4.3 with a default scenario with one of the regular aircraft. Then I replace that aircraft with CRJ.

Dave does not work. The 4 engine overhead switches are all yellow. Can't start the engines or make anything work at all.

I removed all add ins from P3D including GSX and Chaseplane. Also made sure all P3D files were v4.3. They were.

Tried several other aircraft and they all work perfectly. Also Aerosoft Frankfurt Professional works perfectly.

At this point the only thing that does not work is CRJ.

I have attached the files that I have now moved out of <My Documents>\Prepar3D v4 Files. Not sure what I should be doing.

Please help!

Rick

Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.crj

Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.fxml

Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.wx

CRJ Tutorial Flight DUS-BSL.crj

CRJ Tutorial Flight DUS-BSL.fxml

CRJ Tutorial Flight DUS-BSL.wx

Solved!

First, I removed absolutely everything related to flight simulators including all add-ins such as PMDG aircraft (no change, CRJ still didn't work), GSX and Chaseplane (no change), Aerosoft Frankfurt airport (no change).

I checked to ensure I was running P3D v4.3.29.25520. It was.

At this point every aircraft still worked fine except CRJ.

So then I removed CRJ and P3D completely, cleaned up all P3D and CRJ directories and removed any remaining files related to anything to do with flight!

Next, reinstalled P3D and CRJ from scratch. 

Loaded the P3D default scenario, loaded the cub. then loaded the CRJ. It ran fine.

Also, saved this as a scenario and even if I start P3D with this scenario, it still runs fine.

Not sure what was wrong before since everything else worked fine, but at least now CRJ works. 

Now I will also be reinstalling the other add-ons. Will let you know if anything causes a problem with CRJ.

Many thanks,

Rick

• Developer

Thanks Rick. I still only managed to reproduce this once when I accidentally started two instances of P3D. I don't think that the problem is related to any other add-on. At least not any add-on that I have (my collection is quite extensive but I don't have Chaseplane for example). I guess that I'm going to stumble across the reason one day and be quite surprised.

Archived