AWY/WPT Mismatch

pilotcop

When entering a flight plan manually I try to enter the airway after a waypoint so that I don't have to enter each waypoint along the airway.  However, I keep getting an error that says "AWY/WPT MISMATCH."  I'm using the nav data that was installed with the Airbus and it's set in the configurator.  It doesn't matter whether I import a flight plan from Simroutes etc or plan one using the flight planner in P3D.  Can someone help?

Thanks,

Art

Here are a few screenshots.  First, showing that I've initiated the MCDU, set up the departure from the airport off of runway 25.  I have the first bit of the flight plan off to the left as you can see.  I entered the first waypoint OST (and made sure it was the correct waypoint by verifying the frequency) and the second waypoint.  I select the second waypoint (PEMAR) and then "AIRWAYS".  On the last image I entered the airway UL5 and I get the error at the bottom "AWY/WPT MISMATCH".  I even planned this flight with the included flight planner on P3D.  Airways and waypoints don't tend to change regardless of what nav data is being used.  But besides that, as I mentioned, I'm using the included nav data and it's selected in the configurator.  This isn't the first flight I've had this problem.  Literally any flight I do creates the same issue, whether I use Navigraph or NavDataPro.  I can plan the flight using the default flight planner or others such as Simbrief.  All have the same result.  The last screen shot is the flight plan data opened with Notepad so that you can see the lat/long is correct also.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

My current navdata only shows there is an L5 going through OST to OKUNO. PEMAR is not part of an airway that also overflies OST. 

This is RW and I did not check it with an old database but you probably have a mismatch between databases. Meaning your planner is using older data that is not current for the supplied AIRAC anymore. (If at all). 

Thanks Frank.  I will try another route.  The problem I see is that every single flight, every single route each and every time has the same issue.  I find that very odd.  The only commonality I see is the included NavDataPro database.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Make sure you are on the same AIRAC databases when you do flightplanning. 

Especially in Europe there are many frequent changes in the airway structure. 

I agree.. looked into what you mentioned a little further.  P3D and other flight planners have a different route structure.  I downloaded Navigraph and am using that database as well as navigraph charts.  I will see if that fixes things.   

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is not about the structure of the flight plan files or something but about the version of the used navigation data. Your flight planning tool as also all your add-ons must be on the same version (AIRAC circle) to make sure they all know the same data (and not using some none existing nav aids for example).

I selected Navigraph as my data source and used all Navigraph charts for my flight planning and had no issues.  Both are current and match and it worked.  I think the biggest mismatches would be seen in the European area and that’s where I had been trying to simulate lately.  Perhaps in Europe they do change the airways and waypoint locations more frequently.  It’s rare to see that in the US.  Most of the changes occur on SIDs and STARs.  Airways are for the most part pretty solid.  We can consider this closed.  Thank you all for your help!

Art

Archived