pitch trim

Jov

I have a clear reproducable error.

The CL reaches "Pitch Trim" an I set the trim as calculated in the Fuel planner and also shown in the "Perf" page.

However, I don't get a "set" call" so I have to skip the item.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please get me the value you are working with e.g. the one displayed in the MCDU 3 after INIT LOADSHEET as well as the one in the MCDU 1 PERF page - (obviously both values should be the same...) Then I will try to reproduce......

Regards,

Rolf

sorry I reposted the issue, because I could not find my post again ;o)

I just did this flight (attachment) When the checklist comes to the point "pitch trim" I turn the wheel until I get "up 0,5 on the ECAM.

There is no "set" call. I tried to move the wheel some more and back below the setting, No call.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The set pitch trim is checked with the value in the MCDU PERF TAKEOFF page (next to the flaps setting). Standard is UP0.8. But if you use "Generate Loadsheet" and in the MCDU 3 LOAD FUEL page as well INIT then the UP0.5 from the Fuel Planner is imported into the Airbus..... Then also automatically the MCDU PERF TAKEOFF page is updated with UP0.5........

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf, the Problem is that you have to use the Generate Loadsheet. Some People like to enter required Data by hand.

But in MCDU3 you cant change trim value manual and that cause that the Checkliste stuck if you have trim Data other as 0.8 

Gruß, Wolfgang

Well I did not do that. I used the loadsheet and have attached the stepts that I took. As you see, the values from the fuelplanner were correctly passed on to the loadsheet in the 2nd MCDU and subsequently into the TO Perf page.

I got no call "set" @ pitch trim up 0,3. So I played with the wheel, tried up 0,8 (default), got no call. turned down to 0,3, no call. Then, at up 0,2 I suddenly got a call.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , Hoffie3000 sagte:

But in MCDU3 you cant change trim value manual and that cause that the Checkliste stuck if you have trim Data other as 0.8 

Wolfgang, that is not correct. Try to enter in the MCDU p.e. 1/UP0.3 and it should work.........

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jov, your are right e. g. there is a problem if you manually set "pitch trim". The reason seem to be that the "tolerances" we currently use are too small....... If you slowly use the trim wheel (click after click) with the mouse wheel through all the possible trim wheel settings for p. e. UP0.3 then you will find the right position..... for the CL to accept the setting. We have a look into this and try to find a solution.

Regards,

Rolf 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived