Very short warning sound

Roni Jatkola

Why i have very short warning sound when i'm preparing flight with new aerosoft a319? It's even shorter than half second. And why my ECAM display says "NO PED"? And third question is that how l can know when the next update of new aerosoft a319 is published? And how l can install it update?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mathijs Kok +1 with the beep sound. Only had it on my first and second flight with the new Bus, but not on the third. Clean install with fresh Windows 10, not special things to know. Just wanted to letting you know, the issue seems to be with more (all?) customers.

I did some tests. I feel like this is already known but I’ll repeat it anyway. 

The conditions seem to be varied, I looked at several videos. One guy had it as soon as he turned on the batteries. Another person had it when he loaded the Turn Around state. A third person had it when the nav lights were on, the batteries were off but Ext Pwr connected and on. And the PED at auto with parking brakes off. I tried recreating all of these scenarios but without luck.  I also tried measuring the length of the time between beeps. In one case the beeps were every 10-15 seconds. Another case had the beeps at roughly every thirty seconds. Plus, after playing through a YouTube videos at the slowest playback speed and pausing on the warning showing up, there was no messages or anything on the ECAM. 

Essentially, I couldn’t recreate the problem and the range of conditions when the beep appears means it’s hard to figure out what to recreate. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

It is strange, but I do not hear this sound anymore before departure, which I did on the first 4-5 flights. But I now hear it after landing while parked at the gate. That has not been the case on the first 4-5 flights, so it swapped.

After reading the sound could be related to the wind causing overspeed warning for a split second I looked at the wind speed indicator, but it didn't move when the sound was heard. It was calm. So at least in my case, there seems to be no relation to the wind. Or the wind overspeed is so short, that it doesn't even get displayed on the PFD.

Silly thought: Is this split second sound a fully played sound file or is this the engine fire sound file, that is only played for a split second? If the first one would be the case, why not deleting this file or replacing it with an empty .wav? But I guess that this is no extra sound file.

+1 - sounds is heard once airplane is loaded up from Cold and Dark - no power applied either from main battery or external.  This in on the latest update -   Installed version: 1.1.0.1 - also lost the Checklist function - can enable Checklist and Copilot but all entries remain blanked-

Sound continues all the way through that startup sequence and only appears to stop once the aircraft is airborne.  This has only happened since installing 1.1.0.1 using the automatic Aerosoft installer.  Also, this is on a clean install of both Windows and P3D following installation of new SSD.

As long as you access menus from the FMC then the sound is not heard, as soon as you just sit in the flight deck the sound returns.  The sounds is not at a specific interval. initially 20 secs then it varies and is sometime has a brief flash from the Master Warn annunciator,

vor 2 Stunden , ScottecLEMD sagte:

But it would prove that the latest installer is the issue??

Negative, sir. I have 1.1.0.0, didn't do any of the experimental updates and got this issue, too like many others.

It happens to me the same thing as a short alarm beep, but only when I am doing the SID and not every time, use or do not use the AS16 with or without winds etc.... and no longer whistle again during the flight, or in the descent or during the shooting , nor upon reaching the gates.

Today I will make a short flight with capture and if I pita it put in my YouTube channel, so you can hear and see.

I have updated the A318-319 always updated to the latest published

Just performed a clean install of V 1.1.0.0 and now no warning or brief master warning, also have my checklist back.  No other changes.

FYI - loading the airbus as part of the default scenario does not cause beeping in V1.1.0.0 in my setup.

Maybe here is something to work with :)

Just completed a flight - cut off engines and holding at gate. 

ACTIVE SKY weather  - Variable Winds 8 knots   -   Between 60 to 130 degress.

Only happens when engines off.

With ACTIVE SKY and these winds I hear the short beep and also some movements with the arrow at the speed indicator.

I closed ACTIVE SKY and the  beeps stopped.

I started ACTIVE SKY and the winds loaded and BEEPS started

I closed ACTIVE SKY and BEEPS stopped…

The solution must be near :)

Archived