VMCX_SP2.dll

Hi,

I've been using a number of addons for FSX for sometime without any issues whatsoever, until yesterday. To give more detail, a boxed FSX SP2, Aerosoft A320 family, Aerosoft Gibraltar, Orbx FTX global, England and SOU airport, REX and UK2000 EGJJ and EGKK. I purchased ORBX England yesterday and installed without issue. However, I've now attempted to complete a few flights in the A319 and suffered random Crashes to Desktop without an error message. On looking at the event viewer it appears the faulty module is VMCX_SP2.dll unloaded. 

Looking on the Aerosoft forums this appears to link to AES? If so, I'm assuming this is a component of Gibraltar in order to process traffic etc. My question is, how can I fix this issue. 

Thanks in advance, 

Gary

Event log:

fsx.exe
      475e17d3
      VMCX_SP2.dll_unloaded
      4ab4b585
      c0000005
      00005df0
      35e0
      01d42ffa7af965bb
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
      VMCX_SP2.dll
      007404b6-c9b5-468a-be73-a670152ca2d3

To be honest, I haven’t tried too much yet. I’ve disabled Aerosoft Gibraltar in the scenery file it haven’t had the opportunity to test fly yet. I haven’t got AES installed so the only conclusion I could see was AES Lite in Gibraltar is the culprit. 

Further to this, during the CTD I’ve been flying over the uk and was surprised to see the event log contents. There is also no error message, just a CTD. 

Could you you direct me towards a specific forum topic?

thanks again,

Thanks Otto!

I have just been reading this post and appears similar to the issue I have. I’ll work through the same actions and see what happens. 

BTW the link posted to AES 2.11 seems broken is there an alternative method to download 2.11?

Thanks, 

Gary

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just download the current version. It's always backwards compatible, so no need to use an earlier one.

Archived