Make Hardware Throttle Detents “Larger”?

Hello all,

Is there a way to make throttle detents “larger” (less sensitive) on hardware throttles?  I’m using a Saitek X52 Pro and find myself accidentally moving out of detents quite often.  For instance accidentally going to Max instead of TOGA or into Manual instead of Climb.

Thanks.

I've had a number of climb-out "hiccups" over time at acceleration altitude trying to coordinate just the right pitch down while also pulling back the throttle, so something like this might interest me.  Just as I finally adapted to a left-handed stick (flew these things by yoke until about a year ago), I'm presented with an aircraft (the P3D4 release) which seems far more responsive to small inputs - or maybe it's just because I don't typically fly the baby buses so I'm not used to their slightly more nimble handling vs their heavier sisters.

I wonder if something like this would already be programmable via FSUIPC?  Say something like bottom 60% of range is free, 60-75% locks it to CLB, 75-90% locked to FLEX, and 90-100% locked to TOGA?  I'm sure somebody must have at least tried it at some point...

• Developer
vor 4 Stunden , Sabretooth78 sagte:

I've had a number of climb-out "hiccups" over time at acceleration altitude trying to coordinate just the right pitch down while also pulling back the throttle, so something like this might interest me.  Just as I finally adapted to a left-handed stick (flew these things by yoke until about a year ago), I'm presented with an aircraft (the P3D4 release) which seems far more responsive to small inputs - or maybe it's just because I don't typically fly the baby buses so I'm not used to their slightly more nimble handling vs their heavier sisters.

I wonder if something like this would already be programmable via FSUIPC?  Say something like bottom 60% of range is free, 60-75% locks it to CLB, 75-90% locked to FLEX, and 90-100% locked to TOGA?  I'm sure somebody must have at least tried it at some point...

I think you responded to the wrong thread. This is the CRJ forum, not the Airbus one.

• Developer
vor 5 Stunden , CaptKornDog sagte:

Hello all,

Is there a way to make throttle detents “larger” (less sensitive) on hardware throttles?  I’m using a Saitek X52 Pro and find myself accidentally moving out of detents quite often.  For instance accidentally going to Max instead of TOGA or into Manual instead of Climb.

Thanks.

It seems that my joystick is just too good (Thrustmaster T.16000M, 100% precise and stable signal), But I'll look into this and see if I can make the space between the detents a little bit smaller.

Well, to be abundantly clear, I would like to see a bit more (or at least customizable) hardware space between detents, rather than smaller.  I.e. move my hardware throttle more between detents....so if the desk is bumped it doesn't change detents, or if I'm advancing throttles, I keep having a tendency to accidentally go to max instead of being able to accurate stop on TOGA.

Guess indeed a T.16000M is too good.

Archived