318/319 FPS loss

I don't understand why my Aerosoft Airbus for P3D 4.3 causes such a large frame rate drop when it is advertised to have minimal impact on fps.  It has double the impact that my PMDG 737 NGX has.  Does anybody else have issues with fps or know if this is something they are going to address?  

Im shocked that you have this issue. For me the new bus is the best performing of all the aerosoft buses and is easily better than what I used to get with any PMDG aircraft (back in FSX)

I think that seems to be the general consensus here on the forums as well.

From what I understand is that Aersoft moved a lot of processing from the CPU to the GPU.
In case your GPU is the bottleneck, you can gain quite some FPS by disabling TrueGlass if you're willing to do a concession on immersion. Just rename TrueGlass.dll in your gauges folder. Will give you a gain of about 5-10 fps.

I have an ASUS i7-2600 CPU@3.4Ghz, 12 Gig of Ram, Windows 10 64 bit, Nvidia 640GT, Samsung EVO SSD 250GB. I'm running ORBX, Active Sky for P3D 4.3, Traffic Global.  Active Sky tends to be the biggest frame killer.  When I installed all of my ORBX, I didn't see much of a noticeable drop at all.  But now, I can fly without Active Sky and still get bad rates.  I looked at my BIOS last night and I'm running on high performance.  I also noticed the temperature was 123 degrees Fahrenheit inside my computer.  I'm wondering if one or two of my fans have quit working and I am losing FPS due to heat.  I don't know the typical temperature the core should be at.  I was running 20fps after I installed ORBX.  I've added the PMDG 737, A2A 172, and now the Aerosoft 318/19.  Seems like each time I use it, the frame rates drop.  Thanks for your guys help!

vor 20 Minuten, N697DT sagte:

I have an ASUS i7-2600 CPU@3.4Ghz, 12 Gig of Ram, Windows 10 64 bit, Nvidia 640GT, Samsung EVO SSD 250GB. I'm running ORBX, Active Sky for P3D 4.3, Traffic Global.  Active Sky tends to be the biggest frame killer.  When I installed all of my ORBX, I didn't see much of a noticeable drop at all.  But now, I can fly without Active Sky and still get bad rates.  I looked at my BIOS last night and I'm running on high performance.  I also noticed the temperature was 123 degrees Fahrenheit inside my computer.  I'm wondering if one or two of my fans have quit working and I am losing FPS due to heat.  I don't know the typical temperature the core should be at.  I was running 20fps after I installed ORBX.  I've added the PMDG 737, A2A 172, and now the Aerosoft 318/19.  Seems like each time I use it, the frame rates drop.  Thanks for your guys help!

In what resolution are you playing? 1080/1920 pixels? I agree with @Koebrood. I think the problem is your GPU.

Yes.  I am using 1080/1920 pixels.  So if I upgraded my graphics card it would help?  I wasn't for sure if my system could handle a higher graphics card.  I'm a novice at hardware and programming.  I'll disable my Trueglass on the Airbus too.  Now that I think about it, I was using the default Bonanza at the default airport last night and was getting single digit fps.  Just kind of like my system is going downhill.  

Whenever you buy a graphics card from Nvidia, never buy a GT version of their cards, always buy a GTX. 

For CPU fans, I'd recommend a Noctua cooler. 

vor 5 Minuten, Jude sagte:

Whenever you buy a graphics card from Nvidia, never buy a GT version of their cards, always buy a GTX. 

For CPU fans, I'd recommend a Noctua cooler. 

I disagree with that. I've used a GTS450 (which is a bit slower than the GT640) for Battlefield 3 and FSX quite a long time. As an addition to that information, the acronym GT has nothing to do with the real performance and specs of the GPU. GT is often symbolized for the word "fast" because it was relatable from racing. So there's nothing to generalize by the name. The same for the CPU fan. Better look at the numbers and not at names.

vor 19 Minuten, N697DT sagte:

Yes.  I am using 1080/1920 pixels.  So if I upgraded my graphics card it would help?  I wasn't for sure if my system could handle a higher graphics card.  I'm a novice at hardware and programming.  I'll disable my Trueglass on the Airbus too.  Now that I think about it, I was using the default Bonanza at the default airport last night and was getting single digit fps.  Just kind of like my system is going downhill.  

Maybe put the resolution down and experiment with some other settings, too. Always do this first before spending a lot of money on a new GPU. In my opinion, you should only do that when you are really unhappy with your settings where the sim has an acceptable performance for you.

Ok.  I turned my settings down quite a bit and did not fire up Active Sky.  P3D only thing running.  I went to PABR (Barrow, AK), not much scenery there, and the A319 was getting about 8.5 fps.  I went to Vehicles and merely switched over to my PMDG 737 and my frame rates went up to 15 fps.  I don't get it.  I'm at a loss besides saving up for another system.  Thanks you!

Why don't you get if the explanation is given above? As mentioned, the Aerosoft Bus needs a faster GPU due to the fact that some of the load is shifted from the CPU to the GPU. This is obviously not the case for the PMDG plane. Your CPU is still somehow OK for running P3D (although not ideal), the GT650 is nothing more than a office GPU nowadays. That's Why you get better FPS with the PMDG than with the AS Bus on your specific hardware combination (OK CPU with slow GPU) while most of us, using a stronger GPU, will see better FPS in the Aerosoft Airbus compared to the PMDG plane.

Honestly, although some might say it is wrong, you will never get decent performance in P3Dv4.x with this GPU. I mean, simply compare your GPU with one of the "smallest" gaming GPU's of the current nVidia generation: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-640/3650vsm7731

The 1050 is a solid 267% faster than the 640GT. 267%! In your case, if the full performance gain would translate into FPS, you would get more than 20FPS by simply replacing the 640GT with a GTX-1050. Of course, this does not happen in reality, but with a GTX-1050, your system should achieve at least 15FPS with the same settings you use now...

Ok.  I understand now what you guys mean about the CPU, GPU, PMDG, and Aerosoft Airbus differences.  Thanks for all of your help and patience!

Archived