Flight Simulator in Google Earth

StewartSky

Hi Shaun: Just thought I would post this in your super forum to get comments.

Have you all seen the neat Flight Simulator that comes (secretly) with the newest version of Google Earth (Version 4.2). Just get into it, and press Ctrl + Alt + A and the Flight Simulator screen appears. You have a choice of two planes, and off you go, over the most realistic scenery yet i.e. the real stuff!. You also can indicate whether or not you will be using a joystick (mouse works OK if you don't have a joystick). My nephew uses a CH Products Flight Stick Pro USB, and is having much fun. I can't get my Flight Stick Pro non-USB joystick to work yet.

Anyone have any comments on using joysticks? Also, has anyone figured out if there is a "Spot" view. Default is from the cockpit window with a HUD (which toggles with the H key).

Hope to hear from you. Microsoft beware!

Regards,

Have ya downloaded the newest ver..5.1??

You've confused FS Earth with Googles own flight sim. Just a bit of fun at the moment, but who knows..? Perhaps we might have a rival to FSXI?

Hello Mike,

Apparently the version the other folks are referring to is actually an easter egg in Google Earth as seen here, the one you refer to is a different utility altogether, which integrates the two.

I have tried getting the Flight Sim up in Google Earth using CTRL#+ALT+A but it wont play and I have the latest Beta Version of the fre one. :cry: