PFD Target Altitude

After buying on release day, I finally got around to making my first flight in the A319 last night.  Anyway, I found a little "grapical anomaly" on the PFD that might need a little look at - or maybe not; it's just one of those little things that it seems only I notice and get bothered by:

Please login to display this image.

For what it's worth, I took this screenshot while sitting on the ground at EDDF at the beginning of the tutorial flight as I tried to cleanse myself of bad habits.  Note that for the V1 speed target "141" has maybe one pixel of clearance to the white line across the top of the speed tape.  Compare to the altitude target "4000" atop the altitude tape, which has no such clearance and in fact overlaps the white line.  (Also compare to various pictures in the manual, for instance the first one on page 04-03-29 which seems to show a several pixel gap - although others show a descent target overlapping the bottom white line of the altitude tape.)

There is also a line spacing problem with the "EMER CANC" credits on the lower ECAM, if anybody cares.  :)

The fact that I can only find errors with individual pixels pretty aptly sums up my impression of the great job that was done with this aircraft.  Looking forward with great anticipation to getting my A320 back!

I ran another quick flight and noticed something else that I don't remember from the previous (FSX) version of the Buses.  I was cruising at FL260 and initiated a descent by setting the FCU to 4000 ft.  As this flight was in within the US (transition altitude 18000), I was surprised to see that the target altitude (below the altitude tape) said "FL 040" - I was expecting "4000".  At this time, the baro ref was still set to STD, and I found that if I switched between STD and local baro, the altitude target would toggle between "4000" and "FL 040".

This persisted after "overriding" the default landing baro on MCDU APPR (which correctly said 18000) with 18000, just in case for some reason the auto-entered value wasn't "taking".  I don't recall ever before seeing altitude targets below transition level showing as flight levels?

Archived