No ILS active

pluto7777

at different airports i cannot do auto landing (ils) , the bus follows everything to the airport, but when activating LS, the ILS info does not appear, so the bus cannot track on this. I have the latest nav cycle (navdata) (active till 15 aug) and i checked for the right ILS frequency thats shows in red on the display, but i cannot see the diamond signs, so i have to switch to manual landing. 

54 minutes ago, pluto7777 said:

at different airports i cannot do auto landing (ils) , the bus follows everything to the airport, but when activating LS, the ILS info does not appear,   

Yes, with activating LS, i mean i push the button LS and some info comes on , but not the glideslope en glidepath indicators, i had this once because the ils frequency was wrong, but i now checked brussels 25R ils,  and it is the right freq, but no indication

Are you sure the ILS Frequency for the Airport/Runway is the same frequency being used at the Airport?  For instance, if you're flying into a default airport, then the ILS Frequecy data is from around 2004 and they might have changed.

You can check this my calling up the airport in the P3D Flight Planner or being using free software such as Airport Design Editor.

27 minutes ago, pluto7777 said:

Thx Dave, i checked latest 2018 info about ILS / EBBR and the frequencies still are correct, next time i ll try another rwy and see what happens

Okay, but to ensure we're on the same page... you have to check what frequency the Scenery/AFCAD has set.

OK, but is this not the freq that is displayed in red during app on my display ?  Where can i check this data ? by opening files in scenery/afcad  library ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus takes the frequency from its navdata base. But as Dave already said, it must be the same as "sent" by the airport, which is mostly not the case as P3Ds internel database is still th outdated one from FSX.

To solve this problem, do as Dave already suggested, check in P3D what ILS freq the airport sends. you can see the freq in flightplanner:

Please login to display this image.

I checked this in flightplanner and freq is also OK there, i did another flight to EBBR and took RWY25R instead of 25L, and ILS works fine there...bizarre...

Any reason why LM does not update or adapt these files in their new versions of P3D ?  they keep on using 15 years old FSX files ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 6 Minuten, pluto7777 sagte:

Any reason why LM does not update or adapt these files in their new versions of P3D ?  they keep on using 15 years old FSX files ?

Ask LM

What one can do is update the AFCAD, and updated AFCADs are available for most of the regional to international airports world wide.  If there isn't an AFCAD update, then it takes about 1 hour to learn how to use Airport Design Editor and about 15 minutes of work to update the runway headings and ILS frequencies for any airport.  Adding the updated AFCAD takes mere seconds!

AVSIM, Flightsim.com and several other sites have hundreds if not thousands of free, updated AFCADs ready for download and use.

Of course the better alternative is to use a payware airport!

Well, I think it's safe to say that one way or the other the scenery frequency wasn't matching the AIRAC used by the aircraft or there was some other operational based issue at work here.  At any rate, the OP seems to have things working fine, so I'm going to close this thread in 24 hours.

If the OP needs to communicate further about this issue then please open another thread and provide some detailed information that will allow us to take a deeper look.

Best wishes.

Archived